Guide Favorites Filter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tbdusa

Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
I have a question regarding the guides filter which appears to use your favorites list to further filter the lists (News, HD etc). Is that correct is that how that is supposed to work? The reason I ask is that it shows on the screen when you in say the HD list that it's filtering your favorites then filtering HD however I have some HD channels listed for some pay channels (HBO, SHOW) that I don't get and are not listed in my active favorites. Do I misunderstand how the filtering works or does it sound like mine isn't working properly?

Also why does CHANNELS I GET show me EVERY channel available and not really JUST the channels I get?? I have a H10 model I believe.

I had the same question about the "Channels I get" and was told simply that it doesn't work and never has...

As for the favorites/filter question, the answer is yes, they are supposed to work together. If you have a favorites list active and then use the filter, it should only show you the channels that are in the favorites list AND match the filter.

Ok thanks for the reply. I'm guessing my filter must not be working then since I also don't have other stations like Starz and Showtime but all the new HD channels for them also are showing in my filter. Kind of aggravating to have to go through a filtered list of my stuff that isn't all my stuff. Maybe I should deleted my favorites and start over and see if they go away. A pain but ... Can you delete the two custom filters, come to think of it I think I tried once and I don't believe I could get rid of both of them, I think you can only rename then. Maybe resetting my box might work?

I was wondering around on another thread after I posted my reply, and it looks like this might be a box-specific issue... it works fine for me on my HR20's, but if you're on an H10 that might be the problem. Others with H20's were also seeing the same problem....

Oh ok thanks again, maybe I'll call support for their answer which should be interesting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts