This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Mundo Fox Currently Offered on DirecTV??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tripplesix

Original poster
Feb 13, 2013
Washington, DC
Please let me know as soon as possible if Mundo Fox is currently offered on DirecTV's lineup (premier package)?
-If so, what channel?

-If not, in order to receive OTA channels do I need an AM21 (i might have written that wrong) and an antenna? or just the AM21? (it would go with the Genie).

Thanks!!

Mundo Fox is a OTA channel so unless its on a "main" channel Directv probably wont have it (while Directv does carry some subchannels they are few and far between)

To receive OTA channels you need a AM21 and an antenna

Is there a full-time national feed like other networks? It's interesting that Directv doesn't carry it if there is.

MundoFox is designed as a OTA station and not a cable station (like MeTV, ThisTV, etc)

If its on the -1 (main) of a station and not Low powered it qualifies for must carry and in most cases is carried on D*
If its a subchannel or low powered it does not qualify for must carry

Here in DC it is a full-time OTA channel on channel 20-2. But I just didn't want to go through buying an AM21 (and keeping my antenna) if I didn't need to. But interestingly, the DTV tech told me on the phone today that the AM21 is already part of my work order because of the equipment I'm getting. Hmmmm.... i guess I'll really find out on Monday.

What I meant by national feed was DNS feed.. Like channels 389-408. Is there even a DNS feed available for Directv to (not) have?

Status
Please reply by conversation.