Muppets Most Wanted

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We took the family the other night to see The Muppets: Most Wanted. I was so happy when they brought back the Muppets, the last movie was so well done that I couldn't want to see this one.

I wish I could say that this movie was as good as the first but sadly I can't.

The opening started off great with your typical Muppet fun, but after that the movie got dark and as a fan of the Muppets it seemed like I was watching a Muppet Rip Off Movie. Some of the voices were off, when for the most part in the first movie they were almost dead on. The puppetry in points was poor there were scenes when Kermits head would squish as the puppeteer was making him talk and no one was controlling his arms, they just hung down and blew around as the mouth moved. They didn't put the care and love in this one as they did the original and it showed.

In the first movie I smiled from ear to ear the entire time, it was so well done and was such a great tribute to the Muppets and Jim Henson. I found it touching in the first film when they went into Kermits old office at the Muppet Studios and on the wall they had pictures of Jim Henson with Kermit. For the kids they didn't care but for the adults that remember Jim it was a touching tribute without saying a word.

For the new movie I was fumbling around throughout the movie, thinking to myself what are they doing... that character wouldn't do that. The movie just wasn't true to the Muppet form and it was sad.

As I said most of the movie was dark like there was soot on the lense or was in low light. It wasn't a problem with the projector it was shot that way. And most of the movie was the bad guys being evil and the Muppets being too stupid to notice. You just felt bad for them and even though its a kids movie just some of things had you shaking your head because you couldn't believe anyone could be that dumb.

This was not your normal Happy Muppets movie, and even after the end where you should have been happy you still felt like something was missing.

It was a Muppet movie, but without the true Muppet spirit or Muppet feel and except for the opening number missed most of the Muppet Charm and relevance that you would expect from a Muppet movie.

I grew up a Muppet Fan and am I Muppet fan and am not ashamed to admit it. I just hope that this poor attempt at a Muppet movie is not the last one we see. Kids these days need something fun and innocent. In the first movie they proved that could take a family show like the Muppets and fit them into the 21st century. The first movie was enjoyed by both kids and adults alike. Today we need the Muppets in our society more then ever. But it needs to be done in the true spirit of the muppets, not a half hearted attempt like this one.

There were a lot of cameos in this film which was fun, but the vast majority of them were in the first 10 minutes of the film. Tina Fay while good in her role as an evil Russian prison guard seemed to over act here part which made it annoying to me. And Ricky Gervais as the bad guy just seemed like a jerk. He wasn't a good bad guy... he was just a jerk.

Out of 5 stars I have to give this one two stars.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)