Music channels sound distorted

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

suzook

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Cutting Edge
Feb 13, 2006
I just came back too direct after many years...I am really disapointed in the sound quality of the music channels. I have it running through my avr...when i turn it up a little the sound is terrible. WTF???? The music used to sound great. Is this normal?

Yep the sound on alot of the channels is lousy.

We have called & sent emails but directv isnt gonna listen.

WOW...So know I have better pic quality, but crappier sound. This sucks.

There's been some discussion about the SonicTap music channels here after DTV switched services (from XM to SonicTap). It's been my experience that the main problem is the inconsistancy of sound quality between some of the SonicTap channels. I'm listening to them thru my AVR as well in a remote room in the house.

If I recall, we were told that DTV is looking into the problem and some here have posted that they have heard an improvement in the sound quality compared to the early days after DTV switched services to current time.

I just came back too direct after many years...I am really disapointed in the sound quality of the music channels. I have it running through my avr...when i turn it up a little the sound is terrible. WTF???? The music used to sound great. Is this normal?
After the installer left, my BOSE sounded terrible on the music channels. Go into System Setup-Audio-Dolby Digital-Select ON. See if that helps... Mine sounds great even on my other receivers with analog audio output..

Status
Please reply by conversation.