SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Source

New Channel Line-Up Includes the Addition of Radio Disney
New Channel Line-Up to Air on July 7, 2004

HORSHAM, PA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 07/06/2004 -- Music Choice, the premier music television network, announced today it is changing its channel line up in response to music industry trends, market research and customer feedback. "Music Choice is committed to being the most progressive music network by offering a wide variety of music channels that appeal to a broad demographic," stated Damon Williams, Senior Director of Programming for Music Choice. "As music interests continue to evolve, Music Choice consistently positions itself to anticipate and respond to its viewers by implementing periodic programming changes."

Music Choice offers fresh, new programming on its pre-programmed channels offered to digital cable customers and satellite television providers, DIRECTV®, and VOOM. The channel line-up changes include the addition of RADIO DISNEY, the only 24/7 listener driven radio network where kids, tweens and families can rock out together.

In response to numerous customer requests, and the overall popularity of '90s music, MUSIC CHOICE has added a '90s channel to its line-up. The channel features the pop, rock and R&B music that defined the decade. Featured artists include: Mariah Carey, Madonna, Pearl Jam, Bon Jovi, Sheryl Crow, Nirvana and Boys II Men.

MUSIC CHOICE has also added R&B Hits to its full-time channel listing. Viewers will hear the best R&B jams from the '80s, '90s and today, with an extensive play list that features the music of Janet Jackson, Guy, New Edition, TLC, and Keith Sweat, to name just a few.

In addition, Music Choice has changed the names of selected channels to more accurately reflect the channels' current programming. These channels include:

Former Music Choice Channel Name: NEW Music Choice Channel Name:
Power Rock Arena Rock
Alternative Rock Alternative
New Wave Retro-Active
Progressive/Adult Alternative Adult Alternative
Musica Latina Musica Urbana
Latin Love Songs Pop Latina

Updated channel line-ups have been provided to cable operators, DIRECTV® and VOOM for distribution to their subscribers. Details can also be found on www.musicchoice.com.

Its going to be weird hearing commercials on Music Choice, as Radio Disney has 20 minutes of commercials per hour.

Our Digital Cable Lineup is changing as well and so is DirecTV.

WHY?...............

why have any music channels?

any of you purchase your HD equipment for music?

theres this thing called radio.

vurbano said:
WHY?...............

That thing called radio has ads on it all day. I hate hearing 'em!

I like Music Choice because it is commercial-free (at least the channels I like - classical and jazz - and at least, so far), and I can broadcast the music from the Voom stb around my house with a FM transmitter. Leave my HDTV off. I work at home, so it's great to have commercial-free music all day while I work.

The day they put ads on Music Choice will be the day I stop listening to it.

For those who suggest satellite radio or whatever, what do you think this is? :rolleyes:

Sean Mota said:
Source

New Channel Line-Up Includes the Addition of Radio Disney
New Channel Line-Up to Air on July 7, 2004

HORSHAM, PA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 07/06/2004 -- Music Choice, the premier music television network, announced today it is changing its channel line up in response to music industry trends, market research and customer feedback. "Music Choice is committed to being the most progressive music network by offering a wide variety of music channels that appeal to a broad demographic," stated Damon Williams, Senior Director of Programming for Music Choice. "As music interests continue to evolve, Music Choice consistently positions itself to anticipate and respond to its viewers by implementing periodic programming changes."

Music Choice offers fresh, new programming on its pre-programmed channels offered to digital cable customers and satellite television providers, DIRECTV®, and VOOM. The channel line-up changes include the addition of RADIO DISNEY, the only 24/7 listener driven radio network where kids, tweens and families can rock out together.

In response to numerous customer requests, and the overall popularity of '90s music, MUSIC CHOICE has added a '90s channel to its line-up. The channel features the pop, rock and R&B music that defined the decade. Featured artists include: Mariah Carey, Madonna, Pearl Jam, Bon Jovi, Sheryl Crow, Nirvana and Boys II Men.

MUSIC CHOICE has also added R&B Hits to its full-time channel listing. Viewers will hear the best R&B jams from the '80s, '90s and today, with an extensive play list that features the music of Janet Jackson, Guy, New Edition, TLC, and Keith Sweat, to name just a few.

In addition, Music Choice has changed the names of selected channels to more accurately reflect the channels' current programming. These channels include:

Former Music Choice Channel Name: NEW Music Choice Channel Name:
Power Rock Arena Rock
Alternative Rock Alternative
New Wave Retro-Active
Progressive/Adult Alternative Adult Alternative
Musica Latina Musica Urbana
Latin Love Songs Pop Latina

Updated channel line-ups have been provided to cable operators, DIRECTV® and VOOM for distribution to their subscribers. Details can also be found on www.musicchoice.com.

Do they still have there beautiful music channel?

vurbano said:
WHY?...............

I agree with 1080iBeVuMin's comments. I will admit that one of the most attractive things about Dish's service -- apart from the HD DVR -- is the fact that you can get the all the Sirius sat-radio channels as part of the America's favorite 120 service. I would love to get the radio BBC World service over Voom as well as some of the PRI and NPR channels, but I wouldn't give up the Voom channels to get it.

I do like the classical music channels without commercials that I get through Voom. (The sound is vastly better than what I got through my cable system.) Where I live our NPR station plays classical music during some of the day, but much more of the time it has news/information programming and at night it runs weird electronic music. Other than the Saturday afternoon opera broadcasts there is almost no classical music on the radio when I'm home!

So in other words: instead of paying $13/month for an additional satellite radio service I enjoy getting something very similar through my Voom STB.

On a related note, my latest discovery is that my newly acquired TiVo will stream mp3 audio from my home computer over a WiFi network. Since I have a lot of classical mp3s then I can have my own custom-created audio stream over my stereo.

CDH.

CDH said:
I would love to get the radio BBC World service over Voom as well as some of the PRI and NPR channels, but I wouldn't give up the Voom channels to get it.
Sounds like a great idea. Enlarge the radio offerings on Voom.
CDH said:
On a related note, my latest discovery is that my newly acquired TiVo will stream mp3 audio from my home computer over a WiFi network. Since I have a lot of classical mp3s then I can have my own custom-created audio stream over my stereo.
Cool! :cool: I would not mind having my own custom audio stream. So far I have been happy with Music Choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)