must carry still going?

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Does anybody know if the "must carry" deal is still going? In the past I was able to use that to get a free instalation of a dish pointing at 148 (in order to get the spanish speaking channels). I didn't care about those channels but about Globo Tv which is on sat 148. But I heard somewhere that they have rearanged the channels so the "must carry" deal may be over, is that right?

Thanks

yep. Must carry is gone

all locals on "split" dishes now comply with "one dish" rule so you can't get a free dish that way :(

Darn it!! Oh well, I guess if I want it that badly I'll have to pay for installation unless I can milk that out of Dish for having the HONOR of having me back! :D Thanks for the info anyway Ice!

Iceberg said:
yep. Must carry is gone

all locals on "split" dishes now comply with "one dish" rule so you can't get a free dish that way :(

Don't you just love all these guy's scheming to get "free" hardware from Dish.

Ka-ching, all our rates just went up.

The onoly ones who **might** get a free dish (and hopefully someone can verify this) is if ALL your locals are on a wing dish (148) like
Bismarck, ND
Abilene & Lubbock, TX
Cheyenne and Casper, WY
Rapid City, SD
Billings & Great Falls, MT
etc..

Jim5506 said:
Can I have one for locals and use it for 61.5 after I cancel my locals the next day?

I don't see why not. Now whether or not you get it for free is a different story. They might say its free but you have to agree to keeping the locals for a year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts