Team Summit Discussion Thread

jdmart

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
Albuquerque
Looking forward to your reports! Anxious to hear about the release of the 1000.2 Dish; my new 622 arrived this morning and I want to wait for that Dish before I install.

Have a blast! Can't wait to hear your reports. Maybe you can convince them to let YOU flip the switch at the uplink center to get us those new HD's!!!! If anyone is listening.... cmon, let Scott do it!!!!:)

Welcome to Denver. Yep, it's hot.

We're heading for breaking the record of consecutive 90 degree days in June.

Been a bad spring for water. Probably only rained two or three times in the last 2 months.

Have Fun !!!

I panicked at first with that MSNBC photo. WHAT is Dish doing to their number system.... I finally have most of the ones I watch memorized.... This sucks, um, wait.....

Then I hit my skull with my Converse sneaker (That was my skull! I'm SOOOO wasted!), when I realized it was your hotel TV.

David_Levin said:
Welcome to Denver. Yep, it's hot.

We're heading for breaking the record of consecutive 90 degree days in June.

Been a bad spring for water. Probably only rained two or three times in the last 2 months.

Have Fun !!!

Come to Jersey,,,, been raining off and on since Saturday..... An ark was being built nearby at one point this weekend, it was so heavy.....

I too am looking forward to more info on Dish and Sling...I have two Slingboxes and a couple of MPEG-4 E* reciever upgrades due mid-month--I hope it's cool stuff!

Scott Greczkowski said:
For those of you who have been asking about VOOM and HDLite the wod is that nothing will be changing on Dish Networks end and that it is VOOM who is down resing the channels. Dish is sending what they are getting from VOOM.

So does that mean that if/when VOOM sends 1920x1080i that Dish will pass it on that way?

Scott Greczkowski said:
In addition NFL HD and StarHD are being slightly downresed because of mpeg4 encoder issues, however they feel that the PQ is good now and the decease will not be noticed by most consumer hdtvs which can not display the full 1080i resolution anyways.

And what if they figure out the encoders, will they bump them to full HD or keep giving us 1440x1080 because its deemed "good enough for most sets"?

Scott Greczkowski said:
In addition NFL HD and StarHD are being slightly downresed because of mpeg4 encoder issues, however they feel that the PQ is good now and the decease will not be noticed by most consumer hdtvs which can not display the full 1080i resolution anyways.

Im assuming that this is for CBS and NBC in LIL hd market's too right?

I know that this is selfish but I would love to know when the Orlando, Fl area will be receiving HD Locals.
Sorry guys, my wife made me post and yes I know I am PW.

Scott Greczkowski said:
An update...

For those of you who have been asking about VOOM and HDLite the wod is that nothing will be changing on Dish Networks end and that it is VOOM who is down resing the channels. Dish is sending what they are getting from VOOM.

Of course one wonders if Dish asked them to send them this way... Perhaps not directly but perhaps they have to fit in certain allocated bandwidth and this is the most VOOM could fit...

DishHD...the NEW Leader of HD-Lite?

The HD Channels are launching TOMMOROW not today. They will turn them on durring a seminar here at Team Summit.
It won't kill us to wait another day...

...and VOOM will respond with, "We are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality HDTV experience available" or something to that affect. Sounds like the same double-talk and rhetoric we heard back in Nobember.:confused:

Hmmm. So far the 1920x1080i HD LILs have lots of problems...this downrez cannot be good IMO. Any time estimate on how long we'll have to deal with the NFL-Lite and Starz-Lite channels?

Just a thought here, but we know that the MPEG4 channels on Dish are being down rezzed to 1440x1080i. Voom and D* HD Lite channels are 1280x1080i. If Dish was content with down rezzing these channels, dont you suppose they would have gone for the extra bits at 1280? Maybe they really do intend to bump them back up to 1920x1080i when the encoders are tweaked? Just a thought.

Any info on that new At&T receiver that was being tested by some forum members in Texas? I think the model number is 1022 or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts