"Must Have" channel verification

Snoozer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Planning on switching to DISH as soon as new Hopper is available. Wife wants me to be absolutly certain that I don't screw up access to her
"must have" programs before pulling the trigger. Called DISH twice and got two different answers about which programming package I need to order. Also checked DISH channel lineup and their Programing details as well as the link to AVS spreadsheet but I'm still uncomfortable, as they don't appear to be giving me the same info. The 8 "must have" channels are: E! - DSC - NatGeo - OWN - RFD - TLC - Style - We

Can someone verify what programing package will get access to all of these channels in the LA market?

Thanks

Last edited:
IIRC NatGeo moved down to AT200 a while ago. I am not certain about Style. It was in AT250, but for some reason I remember reading about it going down to AT200 as well.

E! HD - America's Top 120 or Dish Latino Max
DSC HD- America's Top 120, Dish Latino Dos, or Dish America
NatGeo HD - America's Top 200, Dish Latino Dos, or Dish America Silver*
OWN HD - America's Top 200, Dish Latino Max, or Heartland Package
RFD HD - America's Top 200 or Heartland Package
TLC HD - America's Top 120, Dish Latino Dos, or Dish America
Style HD - America's Top 200
We - America's Top 120 or Dish Latino Plus (**testing in HD currently--may or may not become available)

For information about locals, you may visit here: http://www.dish.com/entertainment/channels/local/

If you need a channel guide for easy reference, the most up-to-date print version from Dish should be here: http://www.mydish.com/programmingguides/

From the list of "must haves," it looks like America's Top 200 will be the best bet due to Style. I think your wife will be pleased with her "must haves" being in HD. :)

We - America's Top 120 or Dish Latino Plus (**testing in HD currently--may or may not become available)
That's interesting about We. I don't watch it. But, it may mean we are on our way to IFC, Sundance, and/or Fuse in HD, as well. (I still can't believe AMC didn't stipulate this in their court settlement. Or, maybe they did, on an extended timeline.)

That's interesting about We. I don't watch it. But, it may mean we are on our way to IFC, Sundance, and/or Fuse in HD, as well. (I still can't believe AMC didn't stipulate this in their court settlement. Or, maybe they did, on an extended timeline.)

The rest are uplinked but not available.

But, it may mean we are on our way to IFC, Sundance, and/or Fuse in HD, as well.

you need to check the uplink threads more ;)
dated 1/3 (none are available yet)
5304(128) - WE [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 28 ConUS beam (WE tv (Women's Entertainment)) (NA)
5304(128) - WE [MPEG4 HD] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 04 ConUS beam (WE tv (Women's Entertainment)) (NA)
5307(298) - IFC [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 24 ConUS beam (Independent Film Channel) (NA)
5307(298) - IFC [MPEG4 HD] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 04 ConUS beam (Independent Film Channel) (NA)
9578(128) - WE [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 28 ConUS beam (WE tv (Women's Entertainment)) (NA)
9578(128) - WE [MPEG4 HD] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 04 ConUS beam (WE tv (Women's Entertainment)) (NA)
9587(298) - IFC [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 24 ConUS beam (Independent Film Channel) (NA)
9587(298) - IFC [MPEG4 HD] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 04 ConUS beam (Independent Film Channel) (NA)
9588(358) - SUND [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 29 ConUS beam (Sundance Channel) (NA)
9588(358) - SUND [MPEG4 HD] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 04 ConUS beam (Sundance Channel) (NA)
9589(164) - FUSE [MPEG4 HD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 19 ConUS beam (Fuse) (NA)
9589(164) - FUSE [MPEG4 HD] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 04 ConUS beam (Fuse) (NA)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)