Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here we go with your first look at the new DISH Hopper with Sling.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• image-1144099595.jpg
    image-1144099595.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 956
Yeah I started a thread over in the Hopper section, my bad. So apart from the specs and wifi, its just like the OG Hopper and Sling Adapter? What I mean is, they aren't going to somehow stop supporting the Sling Adapter with the apps and all?

does this replace the old hopper model or are they both going to be sold at the same time?

I would guess that XiP 913 will be replacing XiP 813.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I bet that when XiP 913 is released at the end of the month that that is all they will be giving new customers under contract.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I bet that when XiP 913 is released at the end of the month that that is all they will be giving new customers under contract.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I don't think they will be giving away hoppers with sling to n/c, many people would never use the technology, and I'm sure the fee is going be higher for the hopper w/ sling.

If someone is watching a TV connected to a Hopper, can someone else connect through Sling simultaneously and watch a different channel or recorded program?

I don't think they will be giving away hoppers with sling to n/c, many people would never use the technology, and I'm sure the fee is going be higher for the hopper w/ sling.

That's the whole purpose of the new receiver. To draw in new customers. Or to entice those with ancient receivers (pre-ViP) that held back on Hopper 1.0. That way they're back under contract plus getting rid of obsolete receivers. Other than those two reasons, Dish really has no other real (profitable) reasons for releasing an updated Hopper not even a year later.

If someone is watching a TV connected to a Hopper, can someone else connect through Sling simultaneously and watch a different channel or recorded program?

Yep. By the way, wow, congratulations on your first post in 5 years since creating your account. I probably would've forgotten my password by now. Then again there is password recovery...

I've been a serious lurker after watching Scott get this site started. I'm a Dish subscriber and it's been immensely helpful in getting the right programming packages, installation tips, etc. Thanks!

Great.. so those of us who just upgraded in the last 60 days will get the shaft as usual...

They had better do something for those of us that use Sling Adapters

they had better!? What are you going to do, cancel? I would say you have had 2 months to enjoy all that the hopper has to offer. I ungraded right after the Hopper came out. I don't regret it a bit, because it has been a great piece of technology to have in my home.

How about a update to technology that allows you to view your DVR programs offline (not connected to the internet) on your phone or tablet, like Direct TV's Nomad.

I will be moving in a year and a half and unless Dish makes some changes (NY Sports & Offline viewing), they will not be coming with me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts