DISH Hopper with Sling

How about a update to technology that allows you to view your DVR programs offline (not connected to the internet) on your phone or tablet, like Direct TV's Nomad.

I will be moving in a year and a half and unless Dish makes some changes (NY Sports & Offline viewing), they will not be coming with me.

That is the whole purpose of Hopper Transfers. You can transfer your DVR content to an iPad for offline viewing.

How do you get one of those cool Hopper Remote holders in the photo found in post #1?

Yeah I was thinking the samething how do we get one?? Scott or someone could you guys ask around also when is the new Hopper going to be available? Also hope they give their current customers a good deal on upgrading to it.

Yeah I was thinking the samething how do we get one?? Scott or someone could you guys ask around also when is the new Hopper going to be available? Also hope they give their current customers a good deal on upgrading to it.

Existing customer upgrade prices have been posted already.

I wonder if they improved the cooling system on the Hopper 2? Simply adding vent holes over the PSU board would make a huge improvement in lowering internal temps.

It's probably the drive generating most of the heat, as opposed to the PSU.

7200 RPM 3.5 inch drives get quite hot.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

Hopper has a 5900 RPM drive. Either way the combined heat from the CPU, PSU and HDD should call for better cooling, but alas, the bean counters have determined that it is cheaper to cheap out on the cooling and cross their fingers, replacing receivers that fail.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

pricing...
Here is the updated pricing structure for new and existing customers for the new Hopper with Sling.

New Customers:
1st Hopper with Sling $199 (Customers subscribing to AT 120 or higher or DishLatino Plus may be eligible to receive an instant $199 credit)
2nd Hopper with Sling $199
1st Joey $0
2nd Joey $0
3rd Joey $0
4th Joey $99 (Must have a second Hopper)

Existing Customers:
Fist Hopper $200 for most customers an $300 for some
Second Hopper $200 for most customers and $300 for some
1st through 4th Joey $0 for most customers and $50 for some (4th Joey only available for 2 Hopper accounts)

Retail price for the new Hopper with Sling is $449

It's not. It's the PSU. Just put your hand on the case above where the PSU is, and again above the HDD location. You tell me where the heat is.

They have the same issue with the 722k, but on the opposite side, as that's where the PSU is on that model.

Will Hopper 1.0 still be available for upgrade for those that don't already have one but don't want to pay $200? I would assume yes.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

So here is a question I haven't seen yet. Currently, if you have two Hoppers they can "see" each other's DVRs and share programs. But in order to do that remotely you need Sling adapters on each Hopper (each Sling enabled Hopper can only see the DVR from the Hopper it is connected to). Does anyone know if with the new receiver you can have one Sling enabled box that makes both DVRs available remotely or do you need each receiver to be Sling enabled as it is with the current adapter setup?

I'm sure that all receivers will still require the Sling hardware whether it's internal or external.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

So here is a question I haven't seen yet. Currently, if you have two Hoppers they can "see" each other's DVRs and share programs. But in order to do that remotely you need Sling adapters on each Hopper (each Sling enabled Hopper can only see the DVR from the Hopper it is connected to). Does anyone know if with the new receiver you can have one Sling enabled box that makes both DVRs available remotely or do you need each receiver to be Sling enabled as it is with the current adapter setup?

You still need a Sling Adapter on each Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)