DISH Hopper with Sling

Will Hopper 1.0 still be available for upgrade for those that don't already have one but don't want to pay $200? I would assume yes.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

The folks at CES said the new Hopper will be available the end of Jan, The prices are not yet set, That there will be no new production of the old Hoppers but there are still many in the pipeline.

I have a sick Hopper now and will be looking into getting an upgrade replacement. Wish me luck.

Well the prices I posted are what Dish sent out to all retailers. I have not heard or seen anything else. If there are any changes I will know more next week when they have another retailer chat. The prices I posted are legit though and if you are hearing different from a rep at Dish then you would be misinformed because they don't know what they are talking about most times.

Just like anything else the price for an upgrade may change based on if the customer threatens to cancel or is on the protection plan. Some may be able to have Dish swing them a deal but those are on a customer to customer basis.

Yes it will be available on the 17th HOWEVER if you want one on the 17th you MUST ask for a Hopper with Sling. If you do not ask you may get a gen 1 hopper.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The new Hopper with Sling is not meant to be the primary receiver at the time of it's release. Like stated above, if a customer wants the new Hopper they would have to specifically ask for the Hopper with Sling. I think the reason is because of early production of the new units, there may not be enough right away

OK I put a preorder in for the new hopper with sling. Will be installed on the 21st. I just moved and timing is everything. I have never had satellite and only looked at it because there is no cable run in front of my home (also means I have crap for internet with 1.5 DSL the best I can get). So I went with infinitydish...I hope I didn't screw up going through them. I read some bad things online. It seemed legit though and they were willing to put me on hold and get the info on the new hopper. They said it wascoming out on the 17th which after coming here seems good.. They also said to call them if my install guy says he is bringing the old one and to not accept it. Anyway looking forward to trying it and I have an ipad and two iphones. I went with the 120 package...didn't see a need for me to go higher..only thing I will miss is Nat Geo and Animal Planet. I asked for a pole install and since my home is new construction I would like a junction box for my all my dangly cables so I could later move my joeys if I want to another room.

OK I put a preorder in for the new hopper with sling. Will be installed on the 21st. I just moved and timing is everything. I have never had satellite and only looked at it because there is no cable run in front of my home (also means I have crap for internet with 1.5 DSL the best I can get). So I went with infinitydish...I hope I didn't screw up going through them. I read some bad things online. It seemed legit though and they were willing to put me on hold and get the info on the new hopper. They said it wascoming out on the 17th which after coming here seems good.. They also said to call them if my install guy says he is bringing the old one and to not accept it. Anyway looking forward to trying it and I have an ipad and two iphones. I went with the 120 package...didn't see a need for me to go higher..only thing I will miss is Nat Geo and Animal Planet. I asked for a pole install and since my home is new construction I would like a junction box for my all my dangly cables so I could later move my joeys if I want to another room.

Screw those Infinitydish guys. Every freaking work order I install that was set up by them is always wrong.
"But I order HD" "But I ordered 2 DVR's" "But they said I could have all my locations set up and all be different with only one box".

What is "ordered" is never on the work order.

Be prepared for your installer to show up with out everything you asked for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts