MX700 remote and 921

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bkandcs1

Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Is it possible to program MX700 with 921 codes or files? I can't find any on remote central for 921 . The codes I've tried also don't seem to work.

bkandcs1 said:
Is it possible to program MX700 with 921 codes or files? I can't find any on remote central for 921 . The codes I've tried also don't seem to work.

Sure! I have my 800 working great with learned codes. I have not yet added the latest discrete on /off codes but I have all the rest and it is set for address 1.

Send me an e-mail and I'll be happy to attach the mxd file I am using.

dlandis@scubatech.com

I also have a discrete on/off 921.mxd from Tim but I have not tested this file yet. If it works I plan to build it into my mxd for the 921.

I just figured this out today and thought I'd share since I haven't seen any posts pointing it out.

I've had a 921 for a while and just purchased an MX-500. I couldn't get the MX-500 to learn the 921 remote codes because the 921 remote only sends signals to the reciver in UHF format. I found this user guide on the Dish web page today: (http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/technology/remote/5_6_8_Remote_Control.pdf)
It basicly says that the Dish 5.0, 6.0, and 8.0 remotes are the same. However, there is one major difference. The 5.0 uses IR only to control the receiver, the 6.0 uses IR OR UHF to control the receiver, and the 8.0 uses only UHF to control the receiver. So, I got a used 6.0 remote from EBay for about $10 and used that to program my MX-500. A 5.0 remote should work as well. :)

My 501 remote controls my 921 just fine. Only thing missing is the PIP controls, and the never-used "R" button. Several other Dish IR remotes will also work.

I use mine via an IR repeater to control the 921 from the other end of the house where I have a feed from the 921 SD output. Oh - the 501 "TV/Video" button is the same as the 921 "SD/HD" button.

I have the MX500 remote and just copied the codes from my 508 receiver. I too have not been able to get the pip functions.

To get the PIP functions, go to remote central and download a PVR721 file with your appropriate remote code. I did that for my MX-500 and it seems to work alright although I hardly ever use them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts