My 522 Hates Desperate Housewives

toddski

Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
For the last few weeks or so, the timer we set to record Desperate Housewives has failed to start. The Event histroy says the episode was recorded but it's nowhere to be found on the Disk. :mad:

I tried deleting and recreating a new timer. That didn't work. Last night, the timer didn't start at 9 so I manually recorded the episode. The little red light came on, the DVR said it was recording, so I thought we were okay.

Imagine my surprise when I went to check the DVR this morning and noticed that there was no episode of DH recorded. The even history was even missing. :shocked

This has also happened with episodes of E.R. Has anyone else had problems like this? Is there any way to resolve it other than switching to Comcast or Direct TV?
I've tried rebooting, different types of timer, ALL, NEW, DishPass, Manual. None seem to work. Are ABC (Di$ney) or Dish reaching down the phone line and stopping it from recording and even deleting recoded events?

Yup, I read some internal secret memos about blocking Toddski's Desperate Housewives habit.

Have you tried the typical Dish reciever steps?
-Soft reboot (hold down the power button)
-Hard reboot (Unplug, replug in)

It's not me, it's the missus. Honest.

Yep, I've tried every kind of boot. Every kind. The oddest part is that the previous episodes appeared to be recording, the even history and schedule all said that the timers were in progress but nothing was on the disk.

The episode I recorded manually last night was on the DVR before I went to bed, but gone the next morning and I'm pretty sure we don't have poltergeists that like watch and delete DH...

Almost certain in fact... :no

I had the exact same problem with my 522 recently as well. What seemed to resolve the problem for me was to delete ALL the timers, reboot and then recreate the timers. It's been working fine since then.

COOOL, I'm NOT crazy. That's a relief :)

You had to delete and re-set ALL your timers? Oh crap, that'll take a while.. :(

Was it something to do with a software update do you think? I've noticed that it's only new timers that seem affected (I.E. DH and ER) all the timers I had from more than a month ago seem to work fine.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out...

:)

Another victim here, except I'm having the problem with Grey's Anatomy. I'm not keen to recreate all my timers, but if it happens one more week, I'll be giving that a try.

Hah, Good one. If only that were true though. Then I wouldn't have to sit through "Donald's Ego" Apprentice, or Martha "Convicted Felon" Stewarts Clone TV show.

Alas, it is not the case.

Also, in an interesting new wrinkle, the hard drive on my 522 reformatted itself last night, losing nearly 90 hrs of shows and 30 odd timers.

Imagine my JOY at all that new found SPACE on the dvr!!!

I'm almost at breaking point with DISH. The CSR, as nice as he was to deal with, was of no real use and could only send me a new unit. He "Kindly" waived the shipping fee!!!

Why can't they get decent software writers? Decent hardware?

Who is in charge? A team of Monkeys? :mad:

My 522 hasn't yet reformatted, but it will never record channel 300 (HBO East) on TV2 unless TV1 is also on 300. Otherwise, it shows the "satellite lost" screen, and does not show up as recorded, even though the front panel red light was on. Next time you try to record a troublesome channel, be sure to monitor it to see if it is actually being received. Most other channels record OK. Rebooting hasn't helped. This showed up a couple of software updates ago. Very strange problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)