My 622 can record 3 shows at once...

tankerman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
Northeastern Maryland
I don't know whether this has been discussed before or not.

Last night my 622 recorded 3 shows at once:

Brothers & Sisters on WMAR-2 (OTA) 9:58pm - 11:05pm
Brotherhood on SHOHD-9460 9:58pm - 11:05pm
Amazing Race on KCBS-8001 10:58pm - 12:05am

I thought it was odd, that I would let my schedule these shows without a conflict,
but it showed no conflict.

I was expecting something to not record in it's entirety, but it recorded everything fully.

Was anyone else aware that you can record 2 satellite channels, and 1 OTA channel, all at the same time.

This was a surprise for me.

tankerman said:
I don't know whether this has been discussed before or not.

Last night my 622 recorded 3 shows at once:

Brothers & Sisters on WMAR-2 (OTA) 9:58pm - 11:05pm
Brotherhood on SHOHD-9460 9:58pm - 11:05pm
Amazing Race on KCBS-8001 10:58pm - 12:05am

I thought it was odd, that I would let my schedule these shows without a conflict,
but it showed no conflict.

I was expecting something to not record in it's entirety, but it recorded everything fully.

Was anyone else aware that you can record 2 satellite channels, and 1 OTA channel, all at the same time.

This was a surprise for me.

Ain't it cool :D

Or you can record 2 HD shows off sat and one HD OTA while watching one prerecorded show in HD on your HDTV and another pre-recorded show on your SD tv in the kids room.

Last edited:
Jim5506 said:
Or you can record 2 HD shows off sat and one HD OTA while watching one prerecorded show in HD on your HDTV and another pre-recorded show on your SD tv in the kids room.
Yeah, baby. Let's see Tivo do that!

Jim5506 said:
Yes but... You can't do this very many times since the dinky HD in the 622 will fill up and start deleting your previous recordings :)

The HD recording capabilities of the 622 are really great. Butt until the external USB HD is a reality they are crippled by the puny hard drive ;(

Talon Dancer

Now, if only Dish would change the "icon" for the OTA tuner. It reads "1" just like the satellite tuner. At first, it confused me when I knew that tuner 1 (sat) was already in use so I thought "I can't record both shows...". Make it an antenna or something....

I saw something like this last night.... I have TV2 of the 622 recorded on my daughter's room. So I never schedule two sat recordings during the hours of 3pm-9pm. Last night, my OTA turner was tuned to CW local channel. I had a recording to HDnet Enterprise at 9pm. I also had another recording on LOCAL 4 channel OTA (heros at 9pm) and my daughter was watching on TV2. To my surprise the 622 stayed live on OTA local channel CW while recording the OTA 4 channel and the Sat Channel and my daughter using the second Tuner on TV2. Now was this a fluke or it is my understanding that the OTA tuner works like this?

You were watching live TV (CW) on the OTA tuner and also recording channel 4 via OTA ?? Not possible.... That requires (2) OTA tuners, which it doesn't have.

You sure your channel 4 wasn't a satellite feed ?? NYC does have HD locals.

hall said:
You were watching live TV (CW) on the OTA tuner and also recording channel 4 via OTA ?? Not possible.... That requires (2) OTA tuners, which it doesn't have.

You sure your channel 4 wasn't a satellite feed ?? NYC does have HD locals.

That is what I found strange.... I do not think it was the channel 4 version over the satellite. But even if it was, I was recording HDnet on Tv1 and my daughter was watching on TV2 so that is am impossibility as well. I found it to be strange since I know the 622 only have one OTA tuner. I will try to see if I can replicate this again.

hall said:
Now, if only Dish would change the "icon" for the OTA tuner. It reads "1" just like the satellite tuner. At first, it confused me when I knew that tuner 1 (sat) was already in use so I thought "I can't record both shows...". Make it an antenna or something....
Yes, why could they not have used 0 or 3 or your antenna icon. Their excuse is that only TV1 can record and watch live OTA, I think.

-Ken

hall said:
Was your daughter watching something that was already recorded by chance ??

nope. She was watching live. I think it was a fluke as I tried to replicate the same last night and it did not allow me to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)