My 622 can't tell SD from HD.

Chazno

Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I searched and found nothing.

My 622 will randomly record SD content, but take up equivalent HD space on the hard drive. Its been happening for a while, most recently Sunday, I recorded the Chiefs/Dolphins game which was broadcast in SD and it took 4 hours away from my HD counter (and a ton from SD). My wife records 3 daytime soaps daily and one of them (not sure which) is doing it as well even though they are all SD. If she doesn't watch them for a week I run out of space real quick.

Is this a known issue? Or is there a known workaround...that would force SD recording? Do I have something set up wrong? :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

What channel are you recording from? It sounds like you are recording off of you local digital channel instead of the analog channel.

As far as the 622 goes, it doesn't matter if it's a SD or HD program, it matters whether or not it's recording off of a SD or HD cahnnel. If it's an SD program and you want to save recording space, record the program off of the SD channel.

If you are recording SD rez content off of a HD channel, then it will consume nearly as much space as an HD program. The SD content is upconverted to 1080i on a HD channel. So while it won't look a whole lot better, it will consume close to the same amount of bandwidth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)