New install, can't use my old 721..?

Zombie069

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Montrose, CO 81401
Got the 4 room install yesterday with the 625 running 2 and a 322 running the other 2.
Had wanted to use the 322 for 1 room only use my 721 in the 4th room, but the installer tried everything (he says) and couldn't get it to work.
Have a 2 output DPPlus LNB, he tried running 1 output through a DP34 switch and then using a DPPlus separator at the 721. This would pass switch checks fine but would not download anything.
What do I need to get what I want?
He suggested buying a DPquad LNB and another DP34 to daisychain so I can have 5 outputs, and just run second cable for the 625 and 721, seems it should be easier tho... :confused:
Is there a quad DPPlus LNB? that would solve all my issues?

Thanks
Brad

There is no way a DP Plus Twin will work with one feed feeding the DP34 and other feed feeding a dual-tuner. Once you hook up your twin to the switch, it loses it's DPP capability. Given your current receivers, your installer is correct...a DP Quad and DP 34 combo should work fine

You need to use a DPP44 switch then you would be set. Any good tech should know that a DPP twin will not work correctly with a DP34 switch. You must run 2 wires from a DP34 to make it work correctly. A DPP44 switch allows one wire to be run and hooks up fine to a DPP twin.

You need to use a DPP44 switch then you would be set. Any good tech should know that a DPP twin will not work correctly with a DP34 switch. You must run 2 wires from a DP34 to make it work correctly. A DPP44 switch allows one wire to be run and hooks up fine to a DPP twin.

But how many people are willing to splurge on a DPP44 switch? C'mon...! Those things ain't cheap. LOL

Hence the DPQuad/DP34 solution

:eek: I agree they aren't cheap, not even on ebay.. LOL

But if that's what I need then so be it.. Do I need a power injector with it? I see some come with one and others don't...

So be adding a DPP44, I should be able too....

Run 1 cable to 625 with seperator, run 1 cable to 721 with seperator, and run 1 cable to 322 with seperator..... Correct?

Thanks
Brad

He wanted a solution and a DPP44 is a solution. Anyone who wants 3 dual tuners hooked up in 4 rooms is gonna have to pay more to set it up and there is more work needed. A DPP44 would hook right in now with no more cables run. That considered I dont think its too much to pay for a DPP44 on ebay. If that is breaking the bank then they probually shouldnt be running so many recievers. Thats like buying a 622 and subscribing to the Top 60 pack and complaining that it costs too much otherwise for better programming. Give me a break.

I didn't say it would break the bank, but thanks for all the positive input.

My installer is passing on to me another dish (free) to hook up to the 721, so that will suffice until the 44 switch gets here. :)
Thanks for the help.

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts