My 622 Delivered Today

622 Delivered

Yep I got it. Mine didn't include any HDMI or Component cables. It had RF cables, a splitter, a composite cable and a telco cable. I had to pospone my install until 3/11
due to an unexpected business trip.
Did anyone get HDMI or Component cables?

psumattDE said:
Did everyone that got there 622 today order on 2/1??

Just curious as i ordered mine on 2/3 - but did NOT receive any packages today.

I ordered mine on 2/3 too, and no sign of it, I called dish and got a tracking number for my empty box to return my old receiver, did you?

Jason

HDuser said:
Got mine today, but no HD compatible cables..Should we call Dish, or buy new?
Were you ugrading from a different HD receiver?

I think they might only be giving component and HDMI cables to those who are new customers, or have not had a HD reciever before.

I ordered mine on the first.. got it today.. have 119, 110, 129, 105... hooked it up, had it download software, check switch etc etc etc.. Called tried to have them activate it.. they wouldnt do it. The first girl told me I had to have a dish 1000. I told her I had a seperate dish pointed at 129, she said she didnt understand how that was possible.. Said it had to be "professionally installed" I worked as an advanced tech for 2 years in college.. you'd think that would qualify as professional. Tried to talk some sense into the supervisor... She told me I shouldnt even have it, the installer should have brought it. But in their defense, the way the systems are set up, it would probably screw up the whole work order dishnit up promotion in the computer systems and credit someone for work they didnt do. I just gave up trying, too much hassle for a week without a couple channels. It will be the easiest service call the tech I get has ever had.

Last edited:
My brother got his today...UPS just left it on the front porch since he wasnt home. Kinda surprising that they dont require a signature for deilvery on these things! I'd love to got bust into it and install it for him, but he needs the Dish 1000 and I dont want to screw up his install (2/21).

psumattDE said:

Not sure about everyone else, but I ordered 2/1.

got my 622 today ..just left on the side of the door ...i was surprsed being i called dish yesterday and they told me the installer was bringing it on the 20th..oh well..now to wait for the install, i need a 61.5 sat being im all the way down in south texas ;/

would've had mine today had I been at home:( Ordered on 2/1 and scheduled for 2/25 install, Installer called today to see if he could come by and do the install today:( Oh well, at least I know its really coming:)

RobertsD said:
Were you ugrading from a different HD receiver?

I think they might only be giving component and HDMI cables to those who are new customers, or have not had a HD reciever before.

No trading in my 501.. everything that I have read. The box was expected to have those 2 cables along with a HDMi to DVI adapter

jimboeau said:
My 622 was delivered today via UPS. My install date is Feb 21. Can I install this myself and get it activated? I have a 121 superdish as well as a 61.5 dish. Does the 622 come with a seperator? I will need one as it is replacing an 811. Should I wait until the 21st? I'd like to have the installer swing the 61.5 over to 129 when he comes... Any thoughts??:D :D

Well, I had to call twice tonight to activate the 622. 2nd time I called advanced tech support and it was no problem to get activated and I cancelled the service call for installation. So far so good. I think the picture is better than it was on the 811 using componant and the SD channels are for sure better.

Dishpointer said:
I used my wife as a sat finder once and all it caused was a headache and me getting mad. I found out that it was easier to turn up the volume of the TV, call my house phone with my cell phone, place the phone by the speaker, and adjust the dish while I listened on my cell. It works great but is not as convenient as a $9 sat finder.

Hey, Dishpointer, where can I get a $9 sat finder?

Ordered 2/1 around 8:00am EST. Just came via UPS today (wasn't too surprised but CSR told me tech would probably bring it...to his credit he did say he wasn't sure). I am new HD customer so the theory that only new HD customers are getting cables doesn't pan out. Mine didn't come with HDMI or component cables.

Doesn't matter because my HD TV is now in the shop. got fed up with 2 problems and finally got the warranty support for it. They took it with them. Found out today it needed a new system board and it will be delivered 2/22. Install for 622 is 2/21... :(

Do techs bring HDMI or Component cables?

I might have to break down and buy a small HD set (15" LCD or something) just to test the 622 on 2/21. Even if I had a set, being in FL I probably have to get a 61.5 dish since I understand Dish 1000 won't work. I'm tempted to play around and see if I can pick up the local HD without activating. Doubt it but might as well at least make sure this thing fires up....

psumattDE said:

No, I ordered on 2/1 with an initial install of 2/13(yeah right) was pushed back this past weekend to 3/13 without a call. I sent an e-mail to ceo@echostar.com and the person I just talked to said that he would try to get mine out as soon as possible since I explained that I did not need an installer since I already have 61.5 and a 500 for 110/119. Lets see how quickly it comes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts