My 622 Delivered Today

sdmrt29: the package did not come with dvi-to-hdmi cable or adapter? just don't make a mistake of going to Frys or something and making them sell you a $129 hdmi-to-dvi cable! These adapters are like $3 on fleebay.

absolutic said:
sdmrt29: the package did not come with dvi-to-hdmi cable or adapter? just don't make a mistake of going to Frys or something and making them sell you a $129 hdmi-to-dvi cable! These adapters are like $3 on fleebay.

I picked mine up at monoprice.com based on a referral from Satelliteguys. You could order next-day air plus cost of decent length cable for about 1/3 the cost of the cable from Best Buy, Circuit City, etc (usually around $100 or more). Also often they only have HDMI<->HDMI so you'd have to pick up a separate convertor for another $35. Rediculous. I picked up the 6' HDMI<->DVI cable and a set of 6' component cables plus 2 day air for $24.99.

LER said:
i found a HDMI<->HDMI cable from PCCables.com for $13.

including shipping?

Just to followup on my Monoprice experience...
6ft HDMI<->DMI cable was $6.44
6ft component cable (5 RCA component) for $4.95
DHL 2 day shipping $13.60

Note: ordered before 2pm Pacific time yesterday (west coast)
Received around noon today (east coast).

DHL has a habit of coming early. I like that.

My first experience with Monoprice rocked! I forget who recommended them but THANKS! YMMV of course....

My 622 is getting installed on 3/11. My TV has component and DVI in. Based on what I've read, I want to get an HDMI to DVI cable for best quality. I know the 622 doesn't come with this type of cable, but does the installer bring it? Should I just put in my order to Monoprice right now?

If they don't bring this cable, do they just give you component cable?

kelton325 said:
If they don't bring this cable, do they just give you component cable?

My installer told me yesterday that the 622's were not coming with cables. However, he told me that they were instructed to provide component cables at install if they were needed. He was going to give me a set even though I didn't need them (could always come in handy later!), but we were talking about other stuff and forgot to get them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)