My 622 has already bit the dust.

Omega Supreme

Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
My HDMI port stoped working last night. I rebooted several times and even unpluged and pluged it back in. Still no picture or sound. So then i unpluged the HDMI cable and still no luck. Called dish network and they had no idea so they are sending me a new 622. This sucks because all of my recorded programs will be lost. Is there a way that I can transfer them over using the USB connection? Any help will be appreceiated. Also has anyone else had a 622 to go bad? It kind of makes me wonder how well these are built. Mine lasted 3 weeks. Thanks for advise you can give me.

Omega Supreme

My S-video works. I just hate that im going to loose some of the stuff that i recorded. Does anyone know what the usb port on the back is for? I used the front one to upload some photos. Are they for the same thing?

They (Dish) are working on external storage for the 942 and the 622 (it has been announced in Charlie Chats and Tech Chats). Hopefully this will come about soon. But this doesn't help in your case. Sorry.

Are you stone-cold certain your 622's HDMI port is bad? Thanks to the copy protection stuff associated with HDMI, they can be a bit flakey. I've heard that HDMI connections can be dependent on the order in which the TV and source device (in your case, the 622) are turned on. Something to do with each unit validating copy protection schemes. If things get turned on in the wrong order, this validation won't take place, and the HDMI connection fails.
Also, have you swapped HDMI cables?

The reason I ask is that, back in the day, I used to work PC tech support. And, as sure as the sun would rise, when ever a new product came out, most techs weren't properly trained to troubleshoot it. And, the old addage of "when in doubt, swap it out" certain came in to play. At one point, I remember seeing that nearly 70% of the hardware that came back was NOT defective, it was simply a configuration issue the tech didn't know/didn't care to fix. It sounds like you got a "when in doubt, swap it out" response, that may or may not fix the problem. So, I'd keep trying to get your existing unit to work...

My HDMI also went bad over the weekend. Screen had a very heavy green tint. Component is ok.

Dish is sending me another 622 - having the same problem thinking about all the recorded shows on the bad one.

Got my new 622 yesterday and so far so good. Hopefully this one will last longer than the other one. I asked when they were going to do something about the audio dropouts and the constant reboots. He told me they had a software update that went out last Friday that should have addressed alot of these issues. I told him that i was still having the same problems up untill Monday night when my HDMI port went bad. He had no comment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)