My 622 is dying

dennisinsc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2007
Upstate SC
I think my 622 is dying. Often when I turn it on I get the error ‘No signal on OTA” (obviously saying which channel). If I then go to My Recordings it will show that it is recording that channel and has been for hours. If I go to ‘view’ I get a live picture on the channel that it just said ‘no signal’. I can then stop recording and everything works. Usually, but not always.

As an example. Last night I had it set up to record all three shows on CBS OTA. It didn‘t do NCIS, but did the other two. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now.

Seems to be centered around OTA programming, so would be logical that the OTA tuner is malfunctioning. We use OTA for Networks since we can’t see the EA birds due to trees, unless we add another dish about 75 yards further from the house. Our local HD signals are on EA. Zip is 29376.

The receiver is already 100+ feet from the dish since our house is surrounded by 80-90’ oak trees. Would assume we have two options: replace with a 722K with OTA or go to Hopper, but don’t really need a Joey.

Other suggestions welcome.

orlyPR has just posted that the standard Joey monthly fee is dropping to $3. So if so, and you actually watch independently on 2 TVs, that Joey might well be worth it.

Yes, it sound bad for the ViP622. They could offer to swap it out with another ViP622 if they have one (which I doubt) or move you up to a ViP722 series box without commitment. No guarantees it would be the K though.

I'd price it out and and look hard at the Hopper, although it will involve a 2 year commitment. And the Hopper requires a USB OTA module for a one time charge of $30. But there's a LOT of nice features on the Hopper that aren't in the older ViP boxes. If you go this route, specify a Hopper With Sling, not the older Hopper.

orlyPR is spouting, just like an orca. Nobody knows what the prices are gonna look like until next week or so.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts