My 921 is missing PIP under new L2.70

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

josem3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Palm Bay, FL
Yesterday, I notice that my DVR 921 lost the PIP funtion under the new software L2.70. :mad:
Anyone knows what I have to do to get back the PIP funtion?

I agree with StevenD.

Pull the power cord, leave unplugged for about 5 minutes.

Plug back in (it takes about 5-7 minutes for the 921 to reboot). Hopefully PIP is back.

If not, then it is time for the dredded call to Dish.

I had the same problem after L2.70. I tried all of the suggested fixes to no avail. I called Dish Tech Support and got someone who didn't know what PIP was. After she was able to find a description of it in a manual she had me try the stuff I had already done. She then took my receiver info and filled out a report to forward to the next level of Tech Support. Several hours later my PIP was working fine. I don't know it they did something via remote, but I hadn't made any changes. I never got a call from Tech Support. My PIP is working fine now....

Were you trying to do PIP while watching an HD channel? or maybe while recording an HD channel? 921 doesn't support either (where the 942 does).

Also, the first time you use PIP after the update, your PIP screen will be black with no picture.

Press PIP - Black PIP screen appears
Press SWAP - GUIDE and tune to any regular Non-HD channel.

Fixed! It will work from now on.

Mark_AR said:
Also, the first time you use PIP after the update, your PIP screen will be black with no picture.

Press PIP - Black PIP screen appears
Press SWAP - GUIDE and tune to any regular Non-HD channel.

Fixed! It will work from now on.

Oh, that's why I could never get it working. Was that in the owners manual?

Thanks

Owner's Manual.

Ha ha.

Mine shows where I should plug my firewire cables into. I'm guessing it won't be much help.

Manual? We don't need no steeeenking manual.

You'd be much better off to go buy a bird just so you can line the bottom of its cage with 'the manual'.

Since software updates change the operating characteristics of your receiver unpredictably, it would be pointless to even try to refer to it. The only good information in the manual is how to change the remote address and even then, it doesn't list all of the 'hidden, top secret' ones.

Most of us learn by trial and error as I did with your problem. It took about 6 button presses to figure out the solution because I hadn't used PIP since the update.

Enjoy your 921!

josem3 said:
Yesterday, I notice that my DVR 921 lost the PIP funtion under the new software L2.70. :mad:
Anyone knows what I have to do to get back the PIP funtion?

btw, my PIP worked just fine last night with my local ABC channel and Fox Sports Southwest... swapping back and forth perfectly. No issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts