Analog locals on DP921

tysonwetzel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2005
Just installed an OTA antenna in anticipation of getting OTA HD in my area. Should the analog OTA channels that my 921 found show up on my program guide if I sub to the locals? If so, is there a secret way of making them appear on the guide? Thanks!

Go to MENU-4-2 MORE

Enable - Off-Air Antenna Locals

This disables your remapped locals from the 7000-8000's so if you want both, you have to enter the 4 digit local channel.

Ex: 7222 is my local channel 3. (Springfield Ky3)
With local OTA enabled, I can put in 003 to get my analog OTA channel 3 or enter 0031 to get my Digital OTA channel 3 or 0032 for UPN 17.

In your guide, any analog locals will just have 'local programming' in all of the time slots. (burnt orange/brown channel #'s)

Digital OTA's 'SOMETIMES' have correct guide data depending on PSIP transmission. My digital UPN station doesn't transmit PSIP data so it just has 'Local Programming' or No Information Available' on that HD channel.(Blue Channel #'s)

Whether you sub to your locals or not, they will show up in the guide, but will not contain program data.

If you subscribe to LIL channels, then the OTA analog channels show up in the guide (preview with all chan) listed with channel names and program segments. "All chan" works even with LIL mapping in place.

A note for some: most local channels follow a pattern xxx0=ABC xxx1=CBS xxx2=NBC xxx3=FOX xxx4=WB xxx5=UPN xxx6=PBS ... more for the religious and Spanish channels. I guess it started alphabetic then majors then others. The only deviations I have seen are where either the channels swapped or they started offset by say 5.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts