Detroit locals

Or being in "the great white north" part of Detroit ;)
(if you look at the OP's previous posts 10 years ago he had the same problem after "moving" to Detroit)
This is true ...do the math....imagine I was paying Dish about $150 CAD a month for programming...I cut down because it is getting very expensive...I have 2 receivers on my account...I pay with a Canadian credit card... I have been doing this for years since 1996 when they first started...I used to watch " Chat with Charlie " lol..of course programming was a lot cheaper then. Do not judge me.. I do not pirate... I have dual citizenship "Native American" and pay for all of my programming ...a lot of people now with iptv steal from dish...I could of taken that path but I didn't...now having said that ...I do not think the spot beam has changed but I am waiting before adding locals cause I also have Bell.

Last edited:
This is true ...do the math....imagine I was paying Dish about $150 CAD a month for programming...I cut down because it is getting very expensive...I have 2 receivers on my account...I pay with a Canadian credit card... I have been doing this for years since 1996 when they first started...I used to watch " Chat with Charlie " lol..of course programming was a lot cheaper then. Do not judge me.. I do not pirate... I have dual citizenship "Native American" and pay for all of my programming ...a lot of people now with iptv steal from dish...I could of taken that path but I didn't...now having said that ...I do not think the spot beam has changed but I am waiting before adding locals cause I also have Bell.
You are not supposed to use the service in Canada, end of story, just because you are able to do it still does not make it right.

If you have a residence in the United States, different story.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hoss I ain't pre-judging you. I couldn't care less where you are located. I was pointing out that when you mentioned the locals didn't work and then when folks asked questions we got very vague answers I figured you were in "Northern Detroit". I had a Star Choice system for about 8 years in "Southern Northwest Ontario" back when the CAD $$ was about 65-70 cents and for Hockey (and Expos games...so that's showing how long ago I had it).
If you've been working with Dish since 96 isn't that when Dish actually serviced Canada? (before Bell...and yes I know Bell uses Dish equipment but with different software)

You are not supposed to use the service in Canada, end of story, just because you are able to do it still does not make it right.

If you have a residence in the United States, different story.

As long as he’s paying who cares?
exactly. I know there are people here who "move" to get better locals (no different than when people who use a streaming service and a VPN to get a different area)
There are people who account split (and have done for years)...kinda frowned upon on but people do it
There are Canadians who sub to Directv and Dish (either directly or through a broker)
There are Americans who sub to Star Choice and Bell (again either directly or through a broker)

As long as the account is paid most of us don't judge here. Now if you are stealing it, well that's a different story

exactly. I know there are people here who "move" to get better locals (no different than when people who use a streaming service and a VPN to get a different area)
There are people who account split (and have done for years)...kinda frowned upon on but people do it
There are Canadians who sub to Directv and Dish (either directly or through a broker)
There are Americans who sub to Star Choice and Bell (again either directly or through a broker)

As long as the account is paid most of us don't judge here. Now if you are stealing it, well that's a different story
Thanks Mr Tony

Switch to a better provider.
troll2.jpg