My call to Dish Network today

JimMcC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
I have til December until my 1 year commitment ends(811 & 301). I subscribe to AT120 and HD package. I called today to see if I could lease an 811, and I was told no. When asked why not I was told I "do not qualify". I asked if it was because of the commitment and he said he doesn't know, computer just shows "do not qualify". I will call back when I have more time to "argue". Has anyone been able to lease an 811 while still under a "commitment" for an 811? I would appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks.

I called Executive Office today to find out why I "do not qualify" to lease an 811. The lady told me it was because of my 1 year commitment still in effect. I pointed out that I subscribe to AT120 & HD package, have never been late with my payment, and that now I am disgusted with Dish. She then told me I CAN lease an 811 with a $49 installation charge, it will be done tomorrow!!

I guess I'm confused... why are you going to lease the 811 if you already have it??

NightRyder said:
Two 811s! That would make him a masochist in my book!:shocked ;) :D

NightRyder
Whats wrong with that. I have four 811's and one actually works with NO blackouts.

Shame on you I should report you. You're only allowed to have 2 811s on an account. Dish CSRs can't handle all the calls for people that have 4 of those things and if you're leasing you should only have 1

My call to Dish Network

I wanted a second one in my basement HT room, I just bought an X1 front projector for DVD's/HD satellite. My 811 has been working great since the last couple upgrades.

you can HAVE two but you can't LEASE two...I tried awhile back. I already had one, then tried to lease a second one...they would only let me purchase one for full price. I passed.

Dws44

I guess you didn't complain enough. I got my leased 811 installed 2 days ago, 2 days after I called the Executive Office to complain. I still have 3 months left on my 1 year commitment for my 811/301. Cost was $49 install fee.

trying to upgrade to HD

I have been trying to upgrade to the 811 HD system with Dish networks for 6 months now, they stated I could upgrage for free but would have to wait, that I "did not qualify" until my 1 year commitment was over, I've waited until my 1 year was complete yesterday and called them today, they now say that there is no promotion to upgrade and I can't get it!!!!
Don't believe there lies on the commitment thing, they are just trying to keep the service going. If I was a NEW customer, however I could get it inatalled free!! I can't believe they offer FREE systems to joe blow off the street, yet NOTHING to loyal existing customers...or should I say EX customers!!!

Pretty much same story but I didn't have to pay any installation fee.

See my post over here

I should have mine by tomorrow, (Sep 23)

Question about Dishdepot.com

CSTV,,,,, When?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)