My D* Upgrade offer..any good?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

311Man

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
I have been a D* customer for 10 years and purchased all of my three existing receivers over the years. I had emailed D* about option regarding HD upgrade and was looking into competitors offer as well. They called me the next day and offered free "HD Access" and "PVR Fees" for one year but had to pay $199 for HDPVR upgrade fee.

I see many people on the forum receiving the HDPVR for no cost. If they receive the unit and no cost are they getting any other incentives (free programming service etc). The way I see it either my offer of no fees for one year compared to free receiver is about the same.

Just wanted input if this was a fair deal.

That's not a bad deal. $120 worth of HD access and $72 worth of DVR fees. Maybe you could get them to give you HD extra pac for a year too.

Speaking with D Retention should be able to net you what I just got: free HR20, free new dish, free installation, free HBO and Showtime packages for 6 months, free Starz for 3 months and free HD package for 12 months, and keeping/relocation your existing equipment to other rooms if you wish. It's a simple argument: demand (nicely) nothing less than what their competitors are offering new customers with no out of pocket cost. They will accept it in exchange for getting you back under a contract. I doubt that negotiating via email will get you as good a deal since they are likely trained to do their best negotiating in person where their training and negotiating scripts give them their best advantage (they hope!).

Status
Please reply by conversation.