Status
Please reply by conversation.

koolbrz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
WILLIAMSBURG, VA
just got dod/vod connected and all available channels are all in 1200's--
when any channel is selected is says channel not available--how do i get access to all the channels beginning with 1200 ??--thought this was going to be free !!
THANX:confused:

Notice that the channel number is what the regular channel number is, just with a 1 in front of it. Starz is 520, StarzDoD is 1520.

Notice that the channel number is what the regular channel number is, just with a 1 in front of it. Starz is 520, StarzDoD is 1520.

i'm confused--what is the benefit to having 1520 as a premium channel if it's just 520 ?
if i select starz (1520) from the dod menu and have to pay for it, why would i do that??

OK forget Starz (if you already have Starz the VoD/DoD is accessable for free).

Let's try History Channel is 269, the VoD/DoD channel number is 1269.

OK forget Starz (if you already have Starz the VoD/DoD is accessable for free).

Let's try History Channel is 269, the VoD/DoD channel number is 1269.

my program package includes every channel available, including all the premium channels--115.00+/ per month--are you saying i should cancel my package and change to a less costly package ??

OK, what are you asking, your original question was why the DoD channels in the 1200's, which I answered.

Do you understand what DoD is? It is content (shows) that you can download via your broadband connection and view on your HR20' Sometimes what you can download is a movie that hasn't be shown yet on Starz or if you missed an episode of Dirty Jobs you can download that.

You still need to subscribe to the channel in order to use the DoD channel. You don't have Starz/Encore you can't use those DoD channels. You don't have a package that includes VH1 then you can't use the VH1 DoD channels.

OK, what are you asking, your original question was why the DoD channels in the 1200's, which I answered.

Do you understand what DoD is? It is content (shows) that you can download via your broadband connection and view on your HR20' Sometimes what you can download is a movie that hasn't be shown yet on Starz or if you missed an episode of Dirty Jobs you can download that.

You still need to subscribe to the channel in order to use the DoD channel. You don't have Starz/Encore you can't use those DoD channels. You don't have a package that includes VH1 then you can't use the VH1 DoD channels.

you don't understand--i'm subscribed to EVERY CHANNEL already !!

just got dod/vod connected and all available channels are all in 1200's--
when any channel is selected is says channel not available--how do i get access to all the channels beginning with 1200 ??--thought this was going to be free !!
THANX:confused:

I just noticed I had VOD tonight. Try this, I was on SciFiHD at 244 and hit the guide button and there was a panel on it for VOD (that's how I knew that I had it) I navigated to that and it gave me a VOD menu. Maybe that can help you out.

If you are getting 'CHANNEL NOT AVAILABLE' that is normal.

It can take 24-48 hours for the VOD channels to work after the original software download.

You don't have to purchase anything else.

Koolbrz for how long have you had VOD activated ? (if you just recently had activated) it could take a day to have all the information downloaded to your receiver.. each channel downloads the info so while you might have 1000 active channel 1278 might not be.. give it a maybe at least 1- to 2 whole days.. they will come and yes it is free.. for some people it has taken weeks for it to be activated... have patience (it is still in beta testing).

Koolbrz for how long have you had VOD activated ? (if you just recently had activated) it could take a day to have all the information downloaded to your receiver.. each channel downloads the info so while you might have 1000 active channel 1278 might not be.. give it a maybe at least 1- to 2 whole days.. they will come and yes it is free.. for some people it has taken weeks for it to be activated... have patience (it is still in beta testing).
I got mine two nights ago. I got all the channels when I got home yesterday with no problems at 6 PM. I would think as you acess the channels your internet connectiion is downloading the channel info / programs and such.

nothing here either, I have connection and all of that and can see files on my computer but when I press the vod button nothing happens.

that was the problem exactly--thanx a million

still nothing for me. i even tried to do a red button reset and still nothing shows up. none of the 1000's channels and nothing happens when I hit the on demand button.

still nothing for me. i even tried to do a red button reset and still nothing shows up. none of the 1000's channels and nothing happens when I hit the on demand button.
Every time you do the reset, it starts all over again rebuilding the dod data, whenever i have done it, it has been about 30 minutes for dod to show up, it has taken a little longer for media share. btw, i have tested my connection at 4.3.mb, i would assume slower connections will take more time.

Every time you do the reset, it starts all over again rebuilding the dod data, whenever i have done it, it has been about 30 minutes for dod to show up, it has taken a little longer for media share. btw, i have tested my connection at 4.3.mb, i would assume slower connections will take more time.

I have a 5mb connection, but I dont get any of the 1000 channels and the dod button does nothing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)