my Dallas Stars games are now blacked out!

bela_blasko2006

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Bartlesville, OK
Live in Oklahoma-have always got the Stars before but now i am getting the black out on Fox SW and ALT channels. The game tonight (vs Red Wings) was shown on NHL Network and on Fox SW and i got blacked out on both. Since the Stars are our local team and no other team claims Oklahoma i am at a loss to explain this. Anyone else in the Stars market experiencing this?

FSN wants to re-write the contract in the middle of the agreement and require carriers to pay more, and this is Charlie's fault? :rolleyes:

FSN wants to re-write the contract in the middle of the agreement and require carriers to pay more, and this is Charlie's fault? :rolleyes:

I'd love to tell you what you can do with your :rolleyes:, but I like these forums and I want to stay. Instead I'll give you a :p and leave it at that.

Yes, this IS partly Charlie's fault because:

1) There are many more games shown than specified in the contract
2) Charter Cable and DirecTv paid more for more the extra games without much of a hassle
3) I PAY MORE to get Blues games on Fox Sports Midwest. That's really the only reason I want that channel in the winter. DISH has no problem charging me the full rate there.

For the record, I also blame Fox Sports Midwest. The fans get screwed because two ridiculously rich corporations are in a pissing contest over what to them is pocket change. I'd be with DirecTV yesterday if I hadn't signed a 2 year contract on September 28, about 3 weeks before FS Midwest and DISH decided to make public this dispute. I ONLY chose DISH over DirecTV because they had Versus. I've learned my lesson. So I gain 5 Blues games and lose 35. Thanks DISH. I'll NEVER get stuck in a contract with one of these greedy #%$#% providers ever again. They are all thieves.

I'd love to tell you what you can do with your :rolleyes:, but I like these forums and I want to stay. Instead I'll give you a :p and leave it at that.

Yes, this IS partly Charlie's fault because:

1) There are many more games shown than specified in the contract
2) Charter Cable and DirecTv paid more for more the extra games without much of a hassle
3) I PAY MORE to get Blues games on Fox Sports Midwest. That's really the only reason I want that channel in the winter. DISH has no problem charging me the full rate there.

For the record, I also blame Fox Sports Midwest. The fans get screwed because two ridiculously rich corporations are in a pissing contest over what to them is pocket change. I'd be with DirecTV yesterday if I hadn't signed a 2 year contract on September 28, about 3 weeks before FS Midwest and DISH decided to make public this dispute. I ONLY chose DISH over DirecTV because they had Versus. I've learned my lesson. So I gain 5 Blues games and lose 35. Thanks DISH. I'll NEVER get stuck in a contract with one of these greedy #%$#% providers ever again. They are all thieves.

how you you gain anything? You basically lose 30 telecasts, LOL

wait till the playoffs when VS is not on Directv.

1) One of a large number of internet streams
2) my parents' house and Charter Cable
3) Buffalo Wild Wings
4) Tickets to the games

Or some combination thereof. Besides, the Blues would have to make it past the second round for this to even matter to me. I'll take the 35 regular season games I'm getting screwed out of, thanks.

I'd love to tell you what you can do with your :rolleyes:, but I like these forums and I want to stay. Instead I'll give you a :p and leave it at that....

Personally, I have no problem suggesting what anyone can do with :p or any other face.

If I had known how cheap Charlie is when it comes to sports I would've given him the finger and gone with DirecTV instead.

Well, it hasn't been a secret for at least the last what, five years that Dish's priority isn't toward sports, so if you have been with Dish for over two years then you aren't in a contract and can go anywhere you like. If you new to Dish and are in a contract, then it's no ones fault but your own for not doing your homework about Dish and Sports. Sorry if that was a bit blunt, but :p. ;)

well if you want to see the extra FSN-SW Stars games, and want to also have Versus. then switch to a cable provider of any kind (Charter, Time Warner, AT&T U-Verse, Verizon Fios, or any other provider in the FSN-SW coverage area). because Charlie is a cheap b****** and told FSN-SW and other FSN's with this type of issue to go f*** themselves, and DirecTV and Comcast won't get along to get Versus back on DirecTV.

Does anyone have a map of the NHL territories for the various teams? I'm failry certain I would be in stars territory, but wanted to know for sure.

Thanks.

Well, it hasn't been a secret for at least the last what, five years that Dish's priority isn't toward sports, so if you have been with Dish for over two years then you aren't in a contract and can go anywhere you like. If you new to Dish and are in a contract, then it's no ones fault but your own for not doing your homework about Dish and Sports. Sorry if that was a bit blunt, but :p. ;)

I knew going in DISH isn't great about getting new sports channels and new HD for sports, which I was fine with. But come on, seriously? You're suggesting that I was supposed to predict that DISH and several RSNs would have a contract dispute about how many games they would air, and that one of those RSNs would happen to be the one my hockey team is on? I signed up on September 28, before any of this contract dispute bs was made public by FS Midwest and DISH. There was no way anyone could have seen this coming. I had never heard of this in-season stuff where only certain games would get aired and others would be pulled by the RSN.