My daughter's first sleep over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well where to start.... my duaghter is 10, and on Friday night went and stayed over night at a friends house for the first time. Well, I got a call at work about midnight from my wife that she was at the ER. Seems my daughter fell down a step or 2 and "twisted" her ankle. I get to the ER< we wait a few hours, get some xrays.....then a CAT scan.....she broke her leg in 2 places at ther growth platw. So, at about 9am Saturday dhe is in surgey! Last night (Saturday) she wakes up at 4 am and says her chest hurts, o2 levels low....they take her for chest xrays and a CAT scan - they ae worried that she may have a blood clot....all checked ok...SO, she is still in the hopital and hopefully gets out tomorrow -----of course more snow coming - 6-10 inches! She has been way tougher than I would have been! I sure wish I could trade places with her. Needless to say we went over 40 hours without sleep. What an adventure!

THANKS to all! It was just the last step that she missed - it must be a BIG step - at least she says it was just the last step or 2 :) Sounds like she gets to come home today :) She has been very brave and has not cried or fussed at all! I did not think it was broke when we were in the ER as she sat in the wheel chair and joked around with me :) I would have been balling and cussing up a storm!

And I thought this thread was going to be about going crazy having a bunch of 10 year old girls running around the house... :)

Hope she is ok; sounds rough. And I feel for the kid; probably all excited about a sleepover and she ends up in the ER with a broken leg. :( Hoping for a speedy recovery.

I hope things are smoother this week for her and you! Good luck on the speedy recovery.

I had a daughter that broke her foot on the playground just walking, and the teachers told her to quit whining, and sent her home on the bus that afternoon. The kids ran from the bus to get me to come carry her home because she couldn't walk. She'd limped around on a broken foot for 4+ hours before we found out there was a problem at all. 2 Surgeries later and she's good as new ;)

Please let us know how things go, and seriously let me know if there is anything a fellow Iowan can do for ya!

I hope things are smoother this week for her and you! Good luck on the speedy recovery.

I had a daughter that broke her foot on the playground just walking, and the teachers told her to quit whining, and sent her home on the bus that afternoon. The kids ran from the bus to get me to come carry her home because she couldn't walk. She'd limped around on a broken foot for 4+ hours before we found out there was a problem at all. 2 Surgeries later and she's good as new ;)

Please let us know how things go, and seriously let me know if there is anything a fellow Iowan can do for ya!

I hope you got a good attorney against the idiot school:cool:

Aww, that stinks as a first sleepover experience. I hope she feels better and she isn't afraid to go stay with other people in the future.

I have a single story home, no second floor. I have all of 2 steps in the house and I know once my daughter starts crawling they will be her favorite place to play. :(

Wow that is crazy. My daughter is turning 7 today and this Friday night she has about 8 girls coming over for her birthday party and are having a sleep over. And what's even more weird is lots of the parents won't even let their daughters sleep over so they are picking them up at like 11pm. Like only 4 of them are actually staying overnight. We have a 1 story house so I'm sure nothing like this will happen. Firebuff I hope your daughter recovers 100% and has no bad memories of the incident. It's good she's taking it so well because my daughter gets all worked up about having to pee in a cup for testing. :)

THANKS! She has been way tougher than I would be!

Wow that is crazy. My daughter is turning 7 today and this Friday night she has about 8 girls coming over for her birthday party and are having a sleep over. And what's even more weird is lots of the parents won't even let their daughters sleep over so they are picking them up at like 11pm. Like only 4 of them are actually staying overnight. We have a 1 story house so I'm sure nothing like this will happen. Firebuff I hope your daughter recovers 100% and has no bad memories of the incident. It's good she's taking it so well because my daughter gets all worked up about having to pee in a cup for testing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts