My Dinosaur Died!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
Hey Techies, I need your help. I posted this elsewhere and have not yet received a good answer. I have an old dinosaur HD DVR, the Model 921 and the hard disk apparently died. On boot-up, it shows the round HDTV symbol and just keeps recylcing at that spot. I found an identical hard drive online for only $59 and would like to know if I replace it, will the 921 use it?

I no longer have a Dish account, I only use it for OTA and I dropped my extended warranty about 2 years ago.

I need some serious technical answers only, please!!

Thank you,

DarrellP

Hey Techies, I need your help. I posted this elsewhere and have not yet received a good answer. I have an old dinosaur HD DVR, the Model 921 and the hard disk apparently died. On boot-up, it shows the round HDTV symbol and just keeps recylcing at that spot. I found an identical hard drive online for only $59 and would like to know if I replace it, will the 921 use it?

I no longer have a Dish account, I only use it for OTA and I dropped my extended warranty about 2 years ago.

I need some serious technical answers only, please!!

Thank you,

DarrellP

I think some software has to be downloaded from E*. Without an active account, you may be out of luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts