My Dinosaur Died!!

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
Hey Techies, I need your help. I posted this elsewhere and have not yet received a good answer. I have an old dinosaur HD DVR, the Model 921 and the hard disk apparently died. On boot-up, it shows the round HDTV symbol and just keeps recylcing at that spot. I found an identical hard drive online for only $59 and would like to know if I replace it, will the 921 use it?

I no longer have a Dish account, I only use it for OTA and I dropped my extended warranty about 2 years ago.

I need some serious technical answers only, please!!

Thank you,

DarrellP

Hey Techies, I need your help. I posted this elsewhere and have not yet received a good answer. I have an old dinosaur HD DVR, the Model 921 and the hard disk apparently died. On boot-up, it shows the round HDTV symbol and just keeps recylcing at that spot. I found an identical hard drive online for only $59 and would like to know if I replace it, will the 921 use it?

I no longer have a Dish account, I only use it for OTA and I dropped my extended warranty about 2 years ago.

I need some serious technical answers only, please!!

Thank you,

DarrellP

I think some software has to be downloaded from E*. Without an active account, you may be out of luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts