My Direc tv Dilema- Stay or go?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's resolved. They gave 150 towards an upgrade.
That's something. So I'm staying

So, I chose not to upgrade to a HR34.
I put myself on the list at Solid Signal
for an HR44.

Looks like a couple weeks
delivery. No problem as long I have one coming.

So, office of president went down from 150 to
100 credit because im not having an install.

Im almost thinking I would have been better off waiting
for a better win back.
I really didn't win to much..lol

I got the same email Claude did, sadly, it was after I had directv installed.

Still didn't match my new customer promos with directv though, which when I signed up were fantastic.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!
You switched back to Directv??

I am a new Direct customer. I got the HR44 installed today. I had not idea this was the latest unit until the installer mentioned it. Goodbye Dish Network, hello Directv

I am a new Direct customer. I got the HR44 installed today. I had not idea this was the latest unit until the installer mentioned it. Goodbye Dish Network, hello Directv

Welcome to D* !

If you have questions, feel free to ask, someone here will be able to help you :)

I'm fairly happy, but not thrilled about the $14 per month price increase I just got hit with.

Did you have a contract? Don't feel bad. Those creeps at Dish were going to raise me another $10 a month. My parents even worse. They get nothing for 90 a month with Dish. I mean NOTHING! They don't even get basic HD channels with Dish. They get little more than the basic networks. My dad thinks MSNBC is a premium channel :)

Welcome to D* !

If you have questions, feel free to ask, someone here will be able to help you :)

My wife asked me about movie ratings. Doesn't seem to be on Direct guide. On Dish you see a star rating which actually isn't bad. I think she will have to look them up on imdb or something.

Last edited:
Jimbo- I'm not sure but can I use that refer a friend credit with the 200.00 Costco gift card?? Also should I stick with a client and genie or genie and another dvr? What's the main reasons you're with direct?

Last edited:
My wife asked me about movie ratings. Doesn't seem to be on Direct guide. On Dish you see a star rating which actually isn't bad. I think she will have to look them up on imdb or something.

You will see movie ratings and a lot of other info after your guide gets completely populated. Just give it some time since you just had it installed. :)

D* use to have a rating like that awhile back, not sure if it's still around or not.

Jimbo- I'm not sure but can I use that refer a friend credit with the 200.00 Costco gift card?? Also should I stick with a client and genie or genie and another dvr? What's the main reasons you're with direct?

I'm not sure on the referral with the Costco thing.

As for the Client/Genie/DVR ... IF you can afford it, I would go with the Genie and a HR24, this way you have full functionality and if anything ever happened to the Genie, ,your HR24 would still work independently.
With the client, if the Genie goes down, so does the client.

You will see movie ratings and a lot of other info after your guide gets completely populated. Just give it some time since you just had it installed. :)

At kattheaunt said, once your guide populates, you'll be good.

I just pulled up a movie at random, if you hit the INFO button, it gives you the date and the star rating ... of course, how good is the star rating, if you don't know whose giving the stars, this applys in any rating system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Considering change from Dish to Direct

HR44 now Available for Sale at Solid Signal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)