My Dish contract

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shakobe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 25, 2009
California
My dish contract is about to end here in a month or so. Im thinking about switching to another cable provider after my contract is up. I was wondering if I do decide to cancel dish will i b charged any extra fees and how soon do I need to let them know about my cancelation.

you need to tell us more like do you own the boxes did you lease the boxes what month exactly is ur contract up. INFO PLEASE

Are they charging $15 per box even if they send you one of those boxes where you can place two single tuner receivers in the same box? I believe they have a place to put the lnb as well if I am not mistaken. Would sure suck to have to pay $15 per receiver plus another $15 for the lnb.

I live in a 2 story house and im not about to go up there to get the lnb. Is there anyway dish can waive those fees specially if i decide to reup with them in the fture

I just went through this exercise. Dish sent me the boxes with prepaid shipping labels for the return trip. They didn't mention anything about sending back LNBs when I canceled, so I called them and said it would be difficult to retrieve them since they are on my roof. The CSR told me not to worry about them and to just send back the receivers, so that is what I did. According to the tracking information provided by UPS, they should arrive in Spartansburg, SC tomorrow. It was a nice 5 year run with DISH but I decided to go with Fios, which actually lowered my cost due to the bundling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)