My Dish Experience

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Seems peculiar to report what happened here, instead of asking for help. Go out of the way to write long posts, but to report leaving Dish is Fait Accompli.

The reaction of most here is disbelief, of which should be taken as meaning if your situation was real, it is extraordinarily rare.

Your posts and responses don’t make any sense from a real customer’s context.

According to the first post he had called and cancelled before starting this thread so it doesn't seem like quicker would have helped.

That’s what I meant. Many people over the years have come here for help (me included) with a new tv and/or provider and in most cases have found help. Why come here and bitch about it after canceling when there’s nothing that can be done about it now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's some video. There's some extra pixelation with the upload but this gives additional perspective.

I probably should have had some of you help troubleshoot prior to cancelling but I did have the 2 live technicians here in the living room that couldn't help with hands-on.

Attachments

• 20200217_215727-1.mp4
    966.2 KB
  • 20200217_215727.mp4
    966.2 KB
OK, after 51 posts, I think I have the answer, but not the solution to the OP's problem.

Bozeman20 is watching FOX on KWYB-LD, a low power repeater of KWYB, Butte, owned by the Cowles Company of Spokane, WA. KWYB's main channel is an ABC affiliate airing in 720p on 28-1 It has two sub-channels, Fox, also in 720p on 28-2 and the Cowles in house sports network, SWX, airing in 480i on 28-3.

In Spokane, my local NBC affiliate KHQ is Cowles flagship station. It airs NBC on 6-1 and SWX on 6-2, both in 1080i. KHQ's NBC feed has some of the worst PQ I have ever seen when watching live sports. Fast action and close-ups dissolve into a digital mess not unlike what Bozeman20 has posted above. The last time NBC aired the Super Bowl, I quit watching at the half time in disqust. As bad as it is on KHQ with a single HD sub-channel, on KWYB, you have both an HD sub-channel and an SD sub channel dividing up the bandwidth!

I have complained several times to KHQ including after the SB when I said "It would be nice if you could offer a little more bandwidth to the most watched sports event in the country and a little less bandwidth to the third repeat of a tiddlywinks contest on SWX" and closest I have ever gotten to a response is "We'll pass it on...". My guess is Cowles does no or very little bandwidth adjusting on the fly.

I absolutely will not watch any Sunday Night Football game on KHQ unless the Seahawks are playing in it. And only after a stiff drink beforehand.

To be fair, the PQ on other, non-live programming looks fine on KHQ. But on live sports and other live, or live to digital programming (like The Bachelor on ABC in Bozeman I bet), it just plain sucks.

And for the record, my main TV is a Sony 950G, similar to Bozeman20's 850.

Thank you Rolling Joe for taking the time explaining this in detail, it is very appreciated. It's very hard to describe what is being seen for an average consumer (myself) and translate it in a technical manner. This was excellent though and i think you're right on. Thanks again RJ.

Thank you Rolling Joe for taking the time explaining this in detail, it is very appreciated. It's very hard to describe what is being seen for an average consumer (myself) and translate it in a technical manner. This was excellent though and i think you're right on. Thanks again RJ.

Did you try looking at any other channel?

there's no way i would have paid $460.00 to leave a service that was not working right... i would have made the tech replace everything. who knows what it might be a bad box or the coax is going bad or just plain outright defective. i would keep calling in everyday and complaining after that if it still did not work. that way you have a trail and record some of this yourself so you have a trail!!! then i would ask them how many times do i need my system looked at for them to try and fix it. directv told me flat out if they couldn't fix my system by 3 times they would let me run. but i had everything documented so the rep could see what was going on and she let me cancel with no EFT!!! i had them paying for my programming package as well since it wasn't working...

filing an FCC report seems to be the way to get there butts moving. i would have gotten a new provider in first then filed an FCC complaint and waited for them to contact me and see what they would have done and if it wasn't to my liking then i would have filed a complaint with the attorney generals office!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)