My Dish is a little slow in this cold weather...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Lone G, I work Nuclear too, why you quit? :) The Molykote 33 Light would be good for colder temps, as it's a NLGI-1 grease. That stuff is about $25 for a 5.3oz tube from Amazon. In the Nuclear world, we get it for $16.95/5.3oz tube. The problem is that it's in a tube and actuators usually have a zirk for greasing the nut and threaded rod. A cartridge makes that much easier!

I'd suggest Mobilgrease 28. It's what we use for all our Nuclear safety related applications and has an operating range of -65°F to 350°F.

Amazon product ASIN B00G3BTV5A
This stuff is great and works well through a wide temperature range. It performs like a NLGI-1/2 grease and maintains great resistance to getting stiff in the cold weather. This is a cartridge and would work in a grease gun for getting the zirks. We get 35# tubs for $420, not bad. :)

http://www.exxonmobil.com/USA-English/Aviation/PDS/GLXXENAVIEMMobilgrease_28.aspx

Alternately, I'd look for any NLGI-1 grease for sat actuators. Just try to maintain grease compatibility, though the results of mixing types wouldn't be cause for panic.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Photo. Satellite humour, funny things, tricks.

AzboxMinime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)