My dish was killed....

RedWings

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Leesburg, VA
Bad storms today and my GF's flower pot fell off the deck and landed right on the arm (which holds the LNB) and broke it. This was for my dish that gets 110/119. And tonight is the Wings game which I can't miss.

I checked my 622 and it showed all satellites were gone. 61.5 dish is just to the left of this one, so I figured it was just whacked out of alignment. I jig-rigged the arm back in place on the 110/119 and checked the connections, all was well. But still nothing. no signal.

I went to Home Depot, got a 50' run of RG6, and hooked my LCD up to my basic cable. I figured watching the game in SD is better than nothing.

After the 2nd period I have a thought. Maybe when the pot hit the arm/lnb, it messed something up (besides messing up the arm). I did a check switch, and when I checked back, sure enough....61.5w was back alive. 110/119 is still gone.

So now I have my HD back. I can deal with that until Dish comes out on the 12th (Hopefully sooner).

I'll probably try and mess with the 110/119 dish to see if I can temporarily rig it.

take some super glue and see how that works......it might, it might not. you never know

I have a screw in it right now. It was raining so I didn't have much time to mess with it.

The arm just swung down and isn't dislodged. It just can't hold itself in place.

nope u need a new dish.. we had a big storm a little while ago and i cant tell you how many dishes I had to replace do to the thing being snapped in half.

nah, if its just the rivets, just drill out the old rivets and pop a couple new ones in it.

I can't count how many broken Dish 500 arms I have fixed over the years

I would just cruise the neighbors for one not in use. Seems that old Dish 500s are a dime a dozen at least by me and, people are always happy for you to remove them.

I would just cruise the neighbors for one not in use. Seems that old Dish 500s are a dime a dozen at least by me and, people are always happy for you to remove them.

This is sooooo true. I can look out my back door and see a few of the neighbors that have unused dishes.

So was mine. In the part of Omaha I live in, we had 75mph winds and golf ball-sized hail which dented up my dish and completely pulled my cable from the side of my house.(off metal brackets). I can't get D* to come out for 10 days because of the widespread damage the weather caused in the metro.

Hopefully you at least managed to catch the 3rd period along with the Wings skating with the Cup. Still...it sucks to have missed the first two periods of the game.

I must have worded that wrong.

I did see the first two periods. It was just by hooking my LCD to the basic cable that is hooked up in a few rooms. So the first two periods were in SD stretched out.

I must have worded that wrong.

I did see the first two periods. It was just by hooking my LCD to the basic cable that is hooked up in a few rooms. So the first two periods were in SD stretched out.
...or it could have been my tired eyes from staying up late last night in addition to watching the marathon game played Monday night.:eek:

So the tech came out today and replaced the 110/119 dish. Also gave me a new LNB since he said I had the "Old one" and they are known to have issues. He also realigned 61.5 and replaced that LNB too because it was a "low frequency" LNB.

back in business in under 30 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)