My Dishnetwork HD Upgrade Horror Story.

Its Possible ,But there is no 129 problem.

yeah, no 129, but in this area we have more los problems with direct because of the 5 satellite spread you have to have. At least with dish it is easy enough to use wing dishes to get all the satellites.

That's exactly my point. At least in the midwest, the 129 does fine as long as the D1000.2 is aimed properly or...if LOS issues show up....you're willing to go with a wing dish. That was the whole point of my prior post; to illustrate the fact the installer (guessing retailer by the fact he was willing to actually charge the customer for the wing dish) could and SHOULD have mentioned that as free option for the HD upgrade.

How hard is it to put another dish up, swing it to 61.5, put a DP dual on it, put a DPP Twin on the 500, connect the 61.5 to the DPP Twin LNB.

Bam your done.

How hard is it to put another dish up, swing it to 61.5, put a DP dual on it, put a DPP Twin on the 500, connect the 61.5 to the DPP Twin LNB.

Bam your done.

You and I both know it's not difficult. Not one bit.

At least to me, this seems to be a case of where an installer saw an opportunity to make extra $$$; above and beyond the dish/receiver upgrade. Unfortunately for him....and the customer :( , the customer told him to take a hike.

i'm just kind of playing devils advocate here, but you say the dish 500 is on the edge of some trees. If those trees are on the right side of the dish, as an installer, I probably wouldnt put in a dish1000 there either. 129 is 10 degrees to the west, and a little lower in the sky, so just cause you get 110 and 119 doesnt always mean you can get 129 from the same location.

plus, 129 is a weak bird, and if i can't get a clear signal off of it, i don't put it in. Its got enough problems by itself to have also have to worry about trees affecting the signal.

if you are curious why an installer would pass on a job that is iffy, ask an installer how chargebacks work nowadays... for example: in the installer forum here there are stories about installers getting charged back just because dish feels the signal is too low on the customer's receiver. As an installer, not worth my time to risk the chargeback if I can't get a clear los

As for where the location of the tree. the trees are to the left side of the dish leaving the right side open where the 110 is the one going more into the trees and the 119 is just on the side of the trees so to me the 129 would be even more to the side of the tree not even passin though them

Yesterday The same company came out again and once again told me 129 can not go on a dish by its self.. they will only put a second dish for 61.5 and i DONT have a view for that one. What is so hard for putting a dish at 129 on a dish all by its self. Now i will find out thursday since i am finially getting the Company of my choice to come check this out.

Ok i am not really sure where to start but i guess i will jump right in....

The local tech finially showed up at 1:10pm today for a 8a - 12p service call. Just an hour and ten minutes late. I can deal with that but when he finially shows up he was walking thought the house to get to the back door to see my dish and before he even go out side or even see the window for that matter he says this isnt going to work. I was like there is no way at all he can tell by being inside that this isnt going to work. So he tell me the 129 sat will no way work but then goes on to tell me that i could buy another dish but then changes his mind and tells me dish does not allow more than one dish on an account. I was like WHAT. i asked him if he had ever herd of satelliteguys.us hes like NO never herd of that. Then he's like this is my job i know what im doin you dont. I told him i was gonna call his boss and hes like ok and he LEFT. never said anything else. NOTHING. His boss didnt care wouldnt do anything. Now i called and complained to dish and they really dont have any idea what to do now. Because they tell me they dont care if i get 4 dishes, one for the 110 one for the 119 one for 129 and if i wanted one for the 61.5 if i needed programming off each of those birds they would install it if that is how i could get the service. Now after 3 hours on the phone talking to everyone that would listen i finially got the executive office in denver and the person "BILL" he had no more of an idea what to do than anyone else. They wont let me pick my local installer. they wont leave everything for me to install. So now what do i do. So do i just deal with it and bite the bullet and go to directv. do i keep complaining till someone decides what to do. I have emailed CEO@echostar.com and as of yet i have not got anything from them just yet.

Please SatelliteGuys give me your feedback. I NEED your Help Please.

Oh i Live In southern illinois.

If you need any more information Just ask......

Sorry for this rant just dont know what else to do.

Dish uses sub contractors as well as their own installers. The problem is many of the subs are in a big hurry as they get pd. by the job. I've had 3 subs out here & I ended up getting Dish techs here to fix the mess the subs made. If an installer or tech is in too much of a hurry that's not good.

I would contact CEO again & ask for another person as they too have "slackers" who don't care about resolving problems.

CEO time! :bounce

My problem is that i have contacted CEO and that office told me that Yes it can be done. BUT still no one can make a SUB Contractor do it right. So like i have said before I contacted a local Retailer who did the initial install 2 years ago they now say THEY will come out and see whats going on. If they get installed the other company and dish better watch out i will make sure i make it all the way to the very TOP of the company. Just to show up there Sub Contractor. Just to prove a point they didnt want to do the job. My Landlord even game them permission to mount it on the roof and they still told me no. I just DO NOT Believe anything that company says.

I even asked for a DISH tech not a sub contractor and Executive office told me that wasnt possible.

I ran into a similar problem when I moved to where I currently live. The service call was for a dish mover. The installer came out and put up a dish for 110 and 119. However, he could not hit 129 so I was missing my locals. He ran around my house for 30 minutes perplexed so I asked him what was wrong. "I get full signal from 129, I mean it is the best I have ever seen, but I cant get it to work." It was saying "wrong Sat" and was getting signal from 119. After I pointed this out to him he just looked at me and said there was nothing he could do. I explained to him I had a dish on 61.5 at my old house and said he could not put up another dish. He was trying his hardest to just bolt out of my house and I "explained" to him he was not leaving until I received all my programming. He sat there while I called a CSR. The CSR stated that he should put up a dish on 61.5 and I would be able to obtain all my programming. I got of the phone with dish and told him what they told me and said he would have to come back with a work order and put that dish up. I "explained" to him that this was going to get resolved before he left, so I told him to call his office and get a work order.

Well dish would not give him a work order to install the dish on 61.5 . So his hands were tied. So I called dish back and told them I need them to release a work order for the installer to put the dish up. They said the would release a work order by the end of the day. This was not going to work. I told the CSR that I would stay on the line until the installer obtained a work order or I would just continue to call back until I found someone that would. So she agreed to get someone to put a work order in the system.

Meanwhile the installer was on the phone with his office and I put dish on hold until he received his work order. They finally pushed it through and I could get all my programming.

After all of this was done I had to re-terminate all of the installers connections because they were all crappy.

I think dish is so large of a company and the contract out through so many installers that there is no consistent level of good service from installs.

This whole ordeal took five hours btw.

Naves

Yesterday The same company came out again and once again told me 129 can not go on a dish by its self.. they will only put a second dish for 61.5 and i DONT have a view for that one. What is so hard for putting a dish at 129 on a dish all by its self. Now i will find out thursday since i am finially getting the Company of my choice to come check this out.

I told 'em I wanted 129 on a separate dish and that's what they did. Everything's fine now and I'm glad it's on a separate dish but don't ask me about the b.s. nightmare I went through initially getting my upgrade done. :rolleyes: Good luck.

Ed

Well hopefully with in the next hour the second installer should be arriving to once again to install dish hd. I will keep you all posted on how it goes.

Its pretty sad when soo many people are having this same similiar problem.

I always find it interesting to see how inconsistent Dish can be sometimes. When I had my installation the guy showed up and put up my first dish, and then HE was the one who brought up putting up the 2nd dish for 61.5. I said, "go for it," and he grabbed the extra dish and installed it as well without having to call anyone or anything.

The comment about Dish's installer network being too large is probably spot on. These inconsistencies point to an organization that doesn't know who's coming and going.

Well in less than 2 hours this dish installer from a local retail store. GOT this dish 1000.2 installed. All he did was move the dish less than 2 feet to the left and put it on a little higher pole. and WOW its installed. i will add more to this in a bit.

First time I upgraded my service to DVR, the idiot came, drilled holes, installed more wires, when it did not work, he claimed it took few hours to kick in. I knew this was false, but let him go since both of them were complete idiots and took hours of my time. I called to say it was not working and they sent out new guys who came in and were like W T F. They removed almost all the wires and had both TVs working within half an hour. I have an HD upgrade this Friday, hope it works out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)