My Dishnetwork HD Upgrade Horror Story.

ok here is the problem that you all are getting in your horror stories. when dish network inhouse techs come out and the install is not what they are used to they say somthing like its not gonna work at all or its only gonna work over here where you will def. not approve so that dish would send out a contracot to do the job. you are in way better hands if a contractor comes out.

if the contractor comes out forget it. Nothing will get installed. If you have a retailer come out they are not a contractor for dish. if they come out they do the best job.

My sister had a nitemare as bad as yours. This guy was replacing a old 15 foot dish or whatever the size is on those old dinosaurs.
Well, he put the 1000.2 about 10 feet away from that old one and we come to find out later that he used that old 16 year old wiring too. He used cable splicers or bullets to connect the cables together and just connected to that old ass wiring that goes into the house.

He put that spliced mess into the ground without even waterproofing so guess what happened when it rained......sat went out and it took two visits before a guy noticed this mess that the 'installer' had performed. In fact if I recall he didn't even TAPE it not that it would have matters probably in the long term.

he also said 'you don't need that phone line connected' as he didn't want to run that wiring either....and that's just part of the problems that installer gave her. The pole was loose as the concrete didn't set at all. The pole moved with the slighest pressure.

i could go on, lol

The guy that installed my dish didn't do a good job aiming. I know the vip722 reading for signal is a little low but it was UNDER 40. I got it above 70 myself the next weekend. That coresponds to about 90 on a signal meter. Still need to mess with skew though because thats off too.

well i would email the Ceo address and if they dont respond right away email them again and again it does get a responce

Are..CRAP!....i swear if they did not exist...my job would be oh so much easier..

And also i swear if you could reach my call center things would have gone so much differently...we always call dispatch here, and we set up an appointment with the FSM for the area and no thats not his boss. I say fight for HD!...or email the ceo as others have posted

because if you have 119 and 110, it really is not hard to get 129 unless you have some trees!

Say What???
The retailer I install for has been in the satellite business for over 25 years.
I helped do my C-band install in 1986. We both know our stuff for this area.
Some Retailers cannot be beat for service!!
And, if you're a Dish employee, tread lightly, Dish don't like employees posting on forums.

fred

OMG wow i still can not beleive how good the HD picture looks but it has even greatly improved the hd picture quality so much.

When you ask for free, you get quality that you pay for, in other words, worthless. I advocate paying a local contractor a fair rate that you both agree to and get the work done. Payment is conditional upon satisfactory results.

If only DISH and DirecTV would allow customers to submit bills from install companies and then give the customer a reimbursement credit on their service not to exceed a fixed amount. Say, $80/hr with 1 hour reimbursement for 1 receiver and 0.5 hour reimbursement on each additional receiver.

have the most perfect signal using my dish 500 and the line of sight goes right on the edge of some trees BUT where the 129 is on the dish it would not even tough the 129 signal

Im still new at this and installing dishes for dish network. But I do beleive that the 129 comes in a bit lower than 119 and 110. If what your saying happens to be that way then your 129 wouldnt come in but that beeing said they could of easily put a wing dish to 61.5 and and maybe had to change your lnb depending on what you had to a dpp twin and you would be enjoying your HD right now. sry that guy must of had some day before he got to you hence him beeing late to your house.. hopes this helps

Ok i started this thread a while back just a bit of an update. The retailer had installed a dish 1000.2 and now im having a signal issue with it i get a great signal on the 119 and very low on the 110 and a better signal on the 129 but still not as good on the 119. If they cant find a good signal so i dont keep losing signal on the 110 and the 129 what will dish do then? Will i be tied to that contract? if they can no longer get me a watchable signal? what can i do if this happens?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts