My Dishnetwork HD Upgrade Horror Story.

Buzzdar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
USA
Ok i am not really sure where to start but i guess i will jump right in....

The local tech finially showed up at 1:10pm today for a 8a - 12p service call. Just an hour and ten minutes late. I can deal with that but when he finially shows up he was walking thought the house to get to the back door to see my dish and before he even go out side or even see the window for that matter he says this isnt going to work. I was like there is no way at all he can tell by being inside that this isnt going to work. So he tell me the 129 sat will no way work but then goes on to tell me that i could buy another dish but then changes his mind and tells me dish does not allow more than one dish on an account. I was like WHAT. i asked him if he had ever herd of satelliteguys.us hes like NO never herd of that. Then he's like this is my job i know what im doin you dont. I told him i was gonna call his boss and hes like ok and he LEFT. never said anything else. NOTHING. His boss didnt care wouldnt do anything. Now i called and complained to dish and they really dont have any idea what to do now. Because they tell me they dont care if i get 4 dishes, one for the 110 one for the 119 one for 129 and if i wanted one for the 61.5 if i needed programming off each of those birds they would install it if that is how i could get the service. Now after 3 hours on the phone talking to everyone that would listen i finially got the executive office in denver and the person "BILL" he had no more of an idea what to do than anyone else. They wont let me pick my local installer. they wont leave everything for me to install. So now what do i do. So do i just deal with it and bite the bullet and go to directv. do i keep complaining till someone decides what to do. I have emailed CEO@echostar.com and as of yet i have not got anything from them just yet.

Please SatelliteGuys give me your feedback. I NEED your Help Please.

Oh i Live In southern illinois.

If you need any more information Just ask......

Sorry for this rant just dont know what else to do.

I had a dish installer come oct 31st.He insisted the dish would go in a place that would leave it right next to the street.I told him that would not work.I have over an acre of land,but no place else would work.He also insisted i had to cut a 100+year old maple tree down. I refused,so he got in his van and left. i called Dish and told them about this idiot.They offered to reschedule the install.I told them it had better not be the same idiot.Ten days later,after cancelling twice,the new guy showed up.He asked where I would like the dish.I told him on top of my storage building.He said that would be a great place for it.
Bottom line,Dish has a lot of these idiots working for them,but they also have some very capable installers.I would bet,there are more good ones than bad.The last guy,said I was one of the most patient customers he has dealt with.The first one never listened to a word I said.He didn't think the customer should have anything to say about how and where he installs the equipment.
I also phoned their boss,and filled him in on how I was treated by both installers! I made sure they knew about the idiot,but als how the second guy treated me with respect!

That is what i told them about the initial dish install who installed my dish 500 about 2 yrs ago. How that company knew what they were doin how the BOSS of the company even showed up and i wanted that company back. The company yesterday was NUTs they had no idea how to treat a customer.

Does anyone agree or disagree that they could have installed a dish 1000.2 for the 129 and left my dish 500 for the 110 and the 119 and it would have worked like that?

Does anyone agree or disagree that they could have installed a dish 1000.2 for the 129 and left my dish 500 for the 110 and the 119 and it would have worked like that?

Here's some help:
If a 1000.2 can see 129, maybe that's all you need.
If you need two dishes, the 1000.2 would be pointed at 110/119 and the fourth port of the lnb could be used to connect the wing dish(current dish 500), either looking at 129 or 61.5

do this first. call Dish and find out if there is a pending 18 month agreement.
If you can have this cancelled, then you can go to any retailer you desire.
But that retailer will have to get permission to obtain ROR - Retailer of Record, if it is Dish themselves.

fred

but i was told i had to wait so long before i could sign up with the new customer deals.

Dishnetwork set it up as a service call for me to get an additional receiver of the 622 and to get what ever dishes that they would need to install for me to get HD programming as well. Right now i have a dish 500 and the initial install was between 18 and 24 months ago.

retailers.

Are..CRAP!....i swear if they did not exist...my job would be oh so much easier..

And also i swear if you could reach my call center things would have gone so much differently...we always call dispatch here, and we set up an appointment with the FSM for the area and no thats not his boss. I say fight for HD!...or email the ceo as others have posted

because if you have 119 and 110, it really is not hard to get 129 unless you have some trees!

i have the most perfect signal using my dish 500 and the line of sight goes right on the edge of some trees BUT where the 129 is on the dish it would not even tough the 129 signal

To the OP, 1st of all...your installer was waaaaaaay off base. All he had to do was put up a 2nd D500 for either the 61.5 or 129 if the line-of-site was an issue at the current location for the 110/119 D500. I do it all the time. Modify the workorder...tell dish of the restrictions due to line-of-site...and install that system already!

I'm not sure if you have any exclusive programming on the 129 versus the 61.5. Given the choice of the two birds...assuming it's an equal choice...I would most certainly (as an installer and customer) would've chose the 61.5 It's a lot higher in the sky and is a bit stronger in signal strength.

No matter what, call Dish up...explain the installer was going to try to charge you for the extra dish (he shouldn't have...Dish would've charged and THEN credited your account...net total:no charge) and that you have a situation whereby a send dish is required. I hope this helps.

The only thing is,I hear the same complaints about Direct. I guess there is just too much growth,and they can't find enough qualified installers!

i have the most perfect signal using my dish 500 and the line of sight goes right on the edge of some trees BUT where the 129 is on the dish it would not even tough the 129 signal

i'm just kind of playing devils advocate here, but you say the dish 500 is on the edge of some trees. If those trees are on the right side of the dish, as an installer, I probably wouldnt put in a dish1000 there either. 129 is 10 degrees to the west, and a little lower in the sky, so just cause you get 110 and 119 doesnt always mean you can get 129 from the same location.

plus, 129 is a weak bird, and if i can't get a clear signal off of it, i don't put it in. Its got enough problems by itself to have also have to worry about trees affecting the signal.

if you are curious why an installer would pass on a job that is iffy, ask an installer how chargebacks work nowadays... for example: in the installer forum here there are stories about installers getting charged back just because dish feels the signal is too low on the customer's receiver. As an installer, not worth my time to risk the chargeback if I can't get a clear los

That is what i told them about the initial dish install who installed my dish 500 about 2 yrs ago. How that company knew what they were doin how the BOSS of the company even showed up and i wanted that company back. The company yesterday was NUTs they had no idea how to treat a customer.

can you not call this company to come do the upgrade? if it was 2 years ago you should qualify for DIU promo

Dishnetwork set it up as a service call for me to get an additional receiver of the 622 and to get what ever dishes that they would need to install for me to get HD programming as well. Right now i have a dish 500 and the initial install was between 18 and 24 months ago.

last one then i'll stop posting, promise...
but again, playing devil's advocate...

why would dish set it up as a service call to do an HD upgrade? The installer may not have wanted to even do the job because it wasn't going to pay enough.

I do service work for Dish directly as well, and if they send us a upgrade job as a service call, we refuse them, doesnt pay enough for the amount of time involved. (then again, we use Dish 1000+ here)

a csr will set absolutely everything up as a service call just to make the customer happy, and ends up screwing over the installer.
hell, one time i had a 4 Tv Dish Mover disguised as a service call.... sorry, not going to happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)