My DP34 output

NHDishOwner

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 12, 2004
New Hampshire
Hello all
I was testing a receiver last night and had tapped the last output in my DP34 and found out it was dead ( FYI output #2). My question is this, is there any way of fixing the output, short of replacing the whole DP34 ? I know I could add an additional DP34 off the first one to to get additional outputs, but I am very short on cash. Thanks in advance............

Did you try moving another receiver to that "dead" port? Try running check switch with another receiver and see if it comes back to life. I don't think you can easily fix a dead port unless you know electronics. I opened up a DP34 switch once and it's just a circuit board.

Are you using the 3 satellite inputs in the DP34? If you're only using 119 and 110 you can cascade a DP21 off the DP34. The DP21s are cheaper.

My DP34

Hello there
Yes, I did try switching ports, and which ever box that was plugged into that port would then not work. I did try doing check switch from different boxes, but it did not help. I also unplug all the box and did a check switch with only the box that was plug into that port, with no luck. Any other ideas ?? Thanks.......

I've seen this problem with the DP-34 switches where port #2 would not work from time to time. Its time to have the switch replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)