My DVR 625 - BUGS?

unxadm

Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Herndon, VA
I was wondering if anyone was having the following issues with there DVR 625. Mine is running 2.39 version of the software.

1 - Pause a show on 1. Open PIP. Then hit swap to 2.

Once I hit swap there is no sound on 2 but the video is going. 1 is still paused. Seems this happens off and on. I kept hitting pause on both tuners. Swap back and forth then bang no sound.

2 - Record a show on 1 and 2 different channels of course. While the shows are recording hit DVR then My Recordings.

When I do this it says there are two shows recording on tuner 1. How can that be? :)

3 - When on tuner 1 for a long period of my audio kind of pops randomly. This doesn't happen on tuner 2. I then have to power it off then on. This fixes the issue.

Does anyone think that this is a software problem? Odd that tuner 2 does not do this. My signal strength is excellent on both tuners. I am using the optical out for my audio.

So far the 625 seems ok minus the few issues I seem to be having.

Thanks.

One other bug.

4 - Caller ID display. When a name shows up as unavailable the number shows up as out of area as well on the TV display even though the phone shows the actual number.

#2 is not a bug. It's telling you which viewer, not tuner, initiated the recording. In the case of single mode (indicated by the fact that you're using PIP) it is always 1.

unxadm said:
One other bug.

4 - Caller ID display. When a name shows up as unavailable the number shows up as out of area as well on the TV display even though the phone shows the actual number.

This is a long-standing known issue. If Name data is not available, it appears that any number data is discarded.

Dvr 625

Pepper said:
#2 is not a bug. It's telling you which viewer, not tuner, initiated the recording. In the case of single mode (indicated by the fact that you're using PIP) it is always 1.

Intersting. Then why in the Guide when things are set to record on both tuners there is a 1 and a 2 listed next to the shows that are being recorded. You would think they would keep it consistant.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts