My DVR Expander External HDD More Than Doubles High Definition DVR Recording Hours

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Source

Company Unveils My DVR Expander (TM) USB Edition(TM) External Hard Drives for DISH Network ViP Series HD DVRs

Just in time to make a perfect Father's Day gift, WD® (NYSE: WDC - News) today introduced its new My DVR Expander(TM) USB Edition(TM) external hard drives that are verified compatible with DISH Network Corporation's (Nasdaq: DISH - News) ViP Series HD DVRs (digital video recorders). The new 500 GB external drive increases the recording capacity of the DISH HD DVRs by storing up to 300 hours of digital standard-definition (SD) or up to 60 hours of high-definition (HD) television programming(1). Users can instantly increase(2) their recording storage capacity by simply attaching the My DVR Expander USB Edition drive to their DISH Network ViP Series HD DVRs.

Full Story

They've had that for a while...Tivo Expander. Just another external hard drive with a fancy name and higher price.

The TiVo DVR Expander was eSATA, vice USB, and $50 more; $199 vice $149. Offhand, although just about any external USB device would work with the E* HD DVR, the WD external drives seemed to have the fewest problems. As much as I loved my two 500GB WD "By Book" models, these suckers get hot and burn a fair amount of energy if you leave them powered-on 24/7. The key difference of the USB DVR Expander is that it is designed to run cooler and use electricity than the My Book model. The reliability and energy efficiency may be worth a few extra bucks...

"Cool, Quiet, Eco-friendly

The new drives include a unique no-fan passive cooling system and an eco-friendly WD AV-GP hard drive with GreenPower(TM) technology, making it quiet and ideal for use in living rooms or bedrooms, while consuming up to one-third less power than standard external hard drives."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts