My eye condition can't handle the new color scheme. Can I change it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NoHo

Oct 1, 2007
So I just turned on my reciever and I see they updated it to a new color scheme.

I have an eye condition and have a hard time making out light colors. One of the reasons I went with DirecTV was the menu was a DARK blue and I could easily read the channel guide and lineup. This update ruins that for me.

Is there a way to change it back to the old way that I can have my roomate do? I love Directv and don't to cancel it but this is worthless to me!

Thanks for any help.

I am not aware of a way to change the color scheme. I wish there was. I like the current color scheme but it would be nice to have the ability to change it with the press of a button.

So, I ended up calling DirecTV and they said there is no way to change the menu guide back to the original color scheme so I asked to be sent to cancellations and you know what the guy tells me? He goes "You don't need to cancel! All you gotta do is go out and buy a different reciever! You can get one for less than $100!" and I tell him I'm not looking for spend any money just because DirecTV changed. I just want to cancel and will go to someone else" He argues with me and says basically that nobody else is having problems with the new color scheme, which insulted me. I can't help my eye condition. I hung up on him when he refused to give me any of his personal information.
Ugh, I'm SO frustrated. I loved DirecTV but I can't even see what channels are what anymore!
I know it was just an employees fault and not reflective of DirecTV on the whole since I've had nothing but good experiences with them till now, but it's just unfortunate that they don't give you the option of using the old color scheme. Why change it? The old one was so much better and it improves absolutely NOTHING.

Why change it? The old one was so much better and it improves absolutely NOTHING.

I disagree with you there. I find the new theme so much better. It does improve it for me (and I would say, Most all subscribers).

BUT, I understand your situation. I agree that there should be options for people that may be susceptible to color variations or light flashes. Ala the video game situation with fast movement.

All I can suggest is that you send a complaint (written over email) to D* and voice your opinion.

????? That would throw all the colors off.

Scientific Atlanta cable boxes come with color themes (7-8, I believe). So you could choose different ones with them. It would be nice to see D* add that as well.

I didn't say to change the color.

The older D* rec's (Sony, RCA, Hughes ect.) all had various color schemes that you could choose from, but they did away with them when the D* branded rec's came out.

Jimbo

I have a HR-20 100 and I have not notice a change in the color scheme? Isn't it still blue like before?

Yeah, me either. I wonder though if everyone else got the update I got which allows you to change favorite groups on the fly rather than go through the menu.

I didn't say to change the color.

The older D* rec's (Sony, RCA, Hughes ect.) all had various color schemes that you could choose from, but they did away with them when the D* branded rec's came out.

Jimbo

Not to nickpick, but you said:"Adjust the TV ?"

What on the TV can he adjust to change the color output of the D* receiver unless it IS the TVs color balance?

@stuckingoo
The guides used to be mainly blue with white lettering (like my D12 was until last week) The new layout is a mix of blue and white hues. All my HR2xs had the newer guide but my D12s did not until their update last week.

Maybe the OP had an D series that was updated to the newer guide.

White and blue! If you do any CEs you would have seen a month or so ago. Gone are the dark blue grid, etc. Lots of white and light blue now.

I still have the dark blue on the H20-600. Any idea when the National Release of the firmware is coming down to change the color?

White and blue! If you do any CEs you would have seen a month or so ago. Gone are the dark blue grid, etc. Lots of white and light blue now.
My last softward update says 01/16 does that mean I have the new color scheme? I thought I had a good eye sight may be I should see an eye doctor because I have not seen anything different when it comes to the color scheme weird. The only think I saw that the favorites is on the bottom of the banner after the program information.

My last softward update says 01/16 does that mean I have the new color scheme? I thought I had a good eye sight may be I should see an eye doctor because I have not seen anything different when it comes to the color scheme weird. The only think I saw that the favorites is on the bottom of the banner after the program information.

The old scheme was dark blue background with white lines (letters) on it.

The newer scheme is a mix of blue hues with a mix or white/gray hues showing a contrasting background.

With possible exceptions for updates...

Old: http://hr20.dbstalk.com/images/ota/18-guide_favorites.jpg
New: http://www.sizethis.com/dbstalk/images/vod/vod_11_guidelist.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)