My first few weeks with Directivo, and I'm VERY happy!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kbohip

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 9, 2005
Colorado Springs
So happy in fact that I had to post about it. I had Dish before and was using the horrid 522. In the month that I had it I had tons of problems, and now after reading all of the new problems it's having with the new 2.37 firmware over at the Dish DVR forum I'm even happier that I went with Directv.

You guys that have never had the displeasure of owning Dish DVR equipment (specifically the 522) probably have no idea what I'm talking about but let's just say consider yourself lucky. The Directivo is a FAR superior machine not just in it's stability but in it's features. No more having to reboot the 522 once or twice a day in the hopes it doesn't crash and not record something. No more strange bugs that Dish pretends don't exist. No more audio and video dropouts.

These are just a few of the problems mine had in a month and I was lucky. I never had any recorded programs mysteriously get deleted or had the hard drive go into diagnostics and delete all the timers. From now on when someone comes on this forum saying their thinking of switching to Dish I'm going to do my best to talk them out of it. Really all they need to do is take a look in the Dish DVR forum and that should change their mind :).

Glad to hear that your experience went well! I never had E* at home, but I (shudder) sold it at a previous job, and even our demo gear in the store was buggy... and that's putting it mildly.

If you're happy now, just wait until the new boxes are launched. There is such a buzz about the new DVRs and HMS systems that I wish I could speed up the next 6-12 months! ;)

I was a E* customer for a while myself, and in that time I had a 508 and a 522.

My god it was horrid, I mean can I watch a playback with out it stuttering, or fading to black and white?

I got fed up with all the BS and made my move around September of '04 and have been very happy.

Glad to see you are liking the service as well!

I had the PVR 501 with Dish Network, and I switched to DirecTV with the DirecTivo. I just recently upgraded to the HD Tivo, and I can say HANDS DOWN DirecTV DVRs are SO much better. I used to think that most people were exaggerating and buttering it up a little bit too much, but Tivo is better.

I ditto all the comments here. Superior product! I have had my directivos and my HD box and I have yet to reboot any of my receivers since December, (when i signed up). Glad to hear that your enjoying it!

Only two days since the switch here, and there is no comparison. Soon I may get the PTVnet upgrade for my TiVO and put those USB ports to use.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)