My forth 522 !!

Troyrb

Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
My forth 522 dvr in less then one year just went today. I don't even use my dvr that much. In the past they were freezing up all the time. This time the receiver just kept resetting it's self. I even unplugged it and plugged it back in and it continued to reset it self every five minutes. When is dish network going to fix these 522's? I love Dish Network but i'm getting sick of paying all the shipping fees for the replacement DVR's. Has anyone else had this many problems with these things?

Well as you can read in this forum there are LOTS of problems with the 522. If you had that many replaced and had to pay shipping everytime I would write to ceo@dishnetwork.com and ask them to refund all that shipping fees (explain your problem to them nicely)and see if there is something they can do to help you. They should have waived the fees after the first.

It took me 4 921's in about a week to get it right but it worked like a charm every since. I have two 522's and love them- I wouldn't give up

new_to_hdtv said:
oh know, the speling pollice are on partroll aggain.

I don't know how people function in daily life if they can't successfully spell "four." We aren't talking about a big, hard word. We are talking about a number you learn in kindergarten! :yikes

andrews777 said:
No, no. It is

Won
Too
Three
For

:)

I love it! :haha I think it would be Won, Too, Free (think of a little kid that can't pronounce "th"), For.

chaddux said:
I don't know how people function in daily life if they can't successfully spell "four." We aren't talking about a big, hard word. We are talking about a number you learn in kindergarten! :yikes

He didn't misspell the word four , he misspelled fourth . There is a difference. How do you explain FORTY ???

Lighten up.

The "one per household" rule applies to the lease contracts. If you buy the equipment outright there are no such limitations.

yeah I bought my 522's. It took a little work to get them hooked up with CEO but it all worked out in the end. The units are used by my kids but I am pretty amazed at the software they have put on those things. If this is the way E* is headed and sticks with that platform we should be in for a treat.

I'm on my sixth (hope I spelled that right :) ) 522. The first 5 were replaced free of charge because they were under the initial warranty. The last one's HDD failed so they shipped a replacement and charged the $14.95 fee. I wrote to ceo@dishnetwork.com and expressed my dissatisfaction with their equipment and outlined my history of defective 522s. I said that if they can't remove the shipping fee then they should refund me three months worth of VOD fees since I lost all of the recordings on the HDD. I got a reply back the same day with an apology for the problems with the 522 and they removed the shipping fee from my account.

programming times different from cable?

DVR and HD Receiver on same TV... worth it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)