My girlfriends Dish contract is over, We live together

joustx

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
texas
Can she cancel and I sighn up same day and take advantage of New Customer with Hopper and pluss the Showtime Starz deal they have out? Actually i want to sign up first and her cancel when they come out so i have no down time. Reason i ask is same address

Would never be able to build a new order with an active account at same address. Be creative, what your trying to do will work. Also be careful as to what you say, there are witch hunters everywhere.

Can she cancel and I sighn up same day and take advantage of New Customer with Hopper and pluss the Showtime Starz deal they have out? Actually i want to sign up first and her cancel when they come out so i have no down time. Reason i ask is same address

I am pretty sure you will be fine, I have left dish after in being in my name, re-signed up as new customer under my wife's name with no problem.

As long as you can provide a new name, address, phone number, social security number, birthdate and credit card number then you can qualify as a new customer.

You will need her to cancel first since you can not have 2 open accounts at the same address.

Yes we live in Appartment and i was going to tell them we r fighting and prob breaking up so i need service so she dont take my HOPPER she can have the KIDS just not my xbox and HOPPER

Claude's got a point. Have her cxl Dish & signup with Directv in her name, then you call Dish & signup in your name. That way you can have both services at the same address with the new customer promos.

Hmmm. I had Dish before and cancelled 3 or 4 years ago. If I sign up now with the same name and same address am I a new customer?

As long as you left in good standing you should qualify as a Former Customer. You get the same promotions as a new customer.

Claude, when can we expect a TOTAL changeover in your BUSINESS website? Otherwise, STOP IT!

Last edited:
As long as you left in good standing you should qualify as a Former Customer. You get the same promotions as a new customer.

Because he canceled 3-4 years ago, If he qualifies for service, it will actually be as a new customer. Previous customers are considered "New" after being gone for 1 year.

Because he canceled 3-4 years ago, If he qualifies for service, it will actually be as a new customer. Previous customers are considered "New" after being gone for 1 year.
I believe it's 3 months now. :)

They're still former customers. When we process the customers info it pops up as a former customer. It doesn't make a difference to what the customer gets though. The promotion remains the same.

They're still former customers. When we process the customers info it pops up as a former customer. It doesn't make a difference to what the customer gets though. The promotion remains the same.

After 1 year, a customer will not come up as a former customer. After 3 months and before a year, he will.

There is a slight difference between the "Former" and "New" customer promos in that, with the "Former" customer promo, there is no option to sign up under DHA without a 24 month commitment. Other than that, from a customer standpoint, there is no difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)