My Go Around with the Audit Team (Now RESOLVED!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is of public record whether a residential house is declared as a two family home or one family home. ...
In the 1980s my Mother moved into my five bedroom home with my wife and I and my kids. She occupied one bedroom and certainly used "the facilities." There was absolutely no "public record" of this. (San Diego, CA.)

I currently reside in the Maryland suburbs of Washington Dc and were my mother or other relative move in with me there would be no "public record" of htis.

In both cases, I live or lived in a single family detached home.

If I owned a duplex and allowed my mother to occupy the other portion of those abodes, there would be a "public record" of the two dwellings.

Thus the simple, and polite, question, posed to the OP.

If you do a title search of an address, it is of public record who owns the property, the dimension, the zoning, and how it is defined legally. One family, two family or three family house. Even on the internet you can get that information about a property. Just got to the nyc.gov website put any address and you will get that information for nyc properties.

What an amazing story. During these tough times, many companies are cutting back. It seems long overdue that this department be shuttered. I'd be interested to see how the investigation led to your account. I can't believe they are pulling public records to verify accounts.

I can't believe they are pulling public records to verify accounts.

For all we know, they're not. It could just be a case of not all receivers were phoning home (no phone/Internet connection.)

When I was called about 4 years ago, after I gave them all the numbers they told me public records showed my home to be too small to need 5 receivers. I nearly cancelled right then and I will cancel the next time I am called just because of the way they treated my dad and stepmom when they were called. As a business owner, it is just not the way you should treat customers.

At that time I thought they may be making calls by region or state as my dad, sister, sister in law and in laws all got called within a week of me and we all live within 30 miles of each other.

I have been very happy with dish for around 10 years and have no reason to leave until the audit nazi's target me again.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

... I can't believe they are pulling public records to verify accounts.
No one has even suggested that Dish did that to the OP, at least. The OP said he was asked if it was multi-family and the OP added parenthetically that it was a matter of public record.

Until the OP answers the question as to whether he has a multi-family dwelling with separate egresses, separate utilities, or zoning for multiple dwelling I think we can resist getting in a stew heck we even had one poster compare the query to "gestapo" tactics. (I would assume someone making such a suggestion is not old enough to know how terrible that analogy is and how to even suggest such a thing is offensive to many of us old enough to remember.)

Last edited:
there is no two separate building. It is the same house all connected inside. I just go upstairs and visit my mom. One property, one adress. Legally yes it is a two family house. Hey if that is how they see it fine. I never thought about it this way. Anyway....

No one has even suggested that Dish did that. The OP said he was asked if it was multi-family and the OP added parenthetically that it was a matter of public record.

Until the OP answers the question as to whether he has a multi-family dwelling with separate egresses, separate utilities, or zoning for multiple dwelling I think we can resist getting in a stew heck we even had one poster compare the query to "gestapo" tactics. (I would assume someone making such a suggestion is not old enough to know how terrible that analogy is and how to even suggest such a thing is offensive to many of us old enough to remember.)

I think he answered it quite succinctly......

Very sorry to hear that happened to you.The dish nazis and don't let anyone sugarcoat it thats what they are,pure evil!

I do have a question though,now its a two story dwelling and your mom lives upstairs?You have 4 receivers on your account,are 2 of the receivers upstairs?Just trying to figure out how/why they disabled 3 of the 4 receivers.

Sorry to hear about your Dish Nazi experience Sean, but glad to hear you're switching to DirecTV. The PQ is better, you're get more programming for less during your first year, and the equipment is just as solid as Dish. Hey, aren't you in a Verizon FiOS area? If so, I would strongly recommend signing-up with them instead.

Another one bites the dust due to audit nazi team. You are guilty until proven innocent when it comes to Dish Network. Just be lucky you did not own the units having money in them or they would have been "paperweights".

Teehar said:
Very sorry to hear that happened to you.The dish nazis and don't let anyone sugarcoat it thats what they are,pure evil!

I do have a question though,now its a two story dwelling and your mom lives upstairs?You have 4 receivers on your account,are 2 of the receivers upstairs?Just trying to figure out how/why they disabled 3 of the 4 receivers.

Yes. Mom lives upstair. There are two receivers upstairs and two downstairs all connected to my primary phone line. The two downstairs are disabled and one upstairs.

Sent from my LG-P999 using SatelliteGuys

I'm in deep trouble. I've got a 2nd kitchen in my basement. What if Dish finds out?

Sean, you keep saying "legally" it's a two family house. Guide us to a NY website that confirms it.

In VA, single family homes are only allowed to have one kitchen. If you are so zoned, you are not allowed to put in a second kitchen. Published? Well, I guess you could read the zoning. Enforcement? What enforcement?

I think NYC might have too many public servants.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)