My Hopper Missed The Ray Donavon Premiere

oldengineer

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 14, 2011
Lower Macungie Township, PA
I have over 70 timers for series, a lot of which are currently inactive. I set one for the new series on Showtime, Ray Donovan. My Hopper is normally very reliable about resolving conflicts but it failed to record this show or reschedule it.

I saw the same thing, earlier in the day, on Sunday. I looked in my guide and saw that all of the Ray Donovans were 'skipped.' It was set to record just fine next Sunday. So, I went to one of the 'skipped' events in the guide, pressed select, and then restore. It set up just fine and recorded on schedule. I've seen this occasionally before, including back on my old 722. I've only seen this with a series premiere so I always look to see if it is actually scheduled....

I assume you know you can use DVR + Red + down to click the Daily Schedule. You can look backwards to find out why it did not record and forward to assure yourself that it is not blocked by priority.
-Ken

Maybe the Hopper thought it was a really long comercial and on a major network. :)

Sometimes the guide data does not have things marked as "New" when they should be. When this occurs and your timer is set as "Only New" then the event will be skipped.

Sometimes the guide data does not have things marked as "New" when they should be. When this occurs and your timer is set as "Only New" then the event will be skipped.

This is a good point! I didn't look at the program information close enough to see if it was marked new or not.

This is a good point! I didn't look at the program information close enough to see if it was marked new or not.

I just checked next week's schedule. The info does not show 'new' just the original recording date and it is scheduled just fine. I looked back at my deleted recording from last Sunday and the info looks pretty much the same as next Sunday....

As others have reported, no problem here. Started watching tonight.

Even with no "new" it will record it as new, often. There may be hidden information or it looks at the original date.

It is always bet to check the daily schedule, in any case.
-Ken

I generally get on Zap2it and the end of a week, and write down everything that should be recording the next week, by date. On the same list I also make a special note for new timers I need to set up. I then go thru the schedule on both Hoppers and check off every recording I expect. Ive done this for years and its worked well for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts