My HR20 VOD issue - resolved FYI if you're using a Wireless Gaming Adapter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

QuinnEng

Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Toledo, OH
Until this afternoon I've been struggling with an issue with my DTV HR20 and the CinemaPlus VOD. I had tried all the reset procedures I'd found in these forums and received the standard "Your receiver is connected to the internet" message.

I was about to build an Ethernet cable long enough to go from my router to my living room to eliminate the wireless portion of this path. Then it dawned on me, the Linksys WET610N Wireless Gaming Adapter I am using had a GUI. I removed it from my entertainment center and plugged it into my laptop. I reset factory settings on this device, upgraded the firmware from 1.00.3 to 1.00.4, and went back through the original configuration procedure. Tested it's connection to the internet by turning off my laptops built-in WiFi and used the WET610N to surf the web. Reinstalled the unit into my entertainment center, and simply went through the Advanced Network Settings on my HR20 and "restore factory defaults", and viola - VOD works again.

So... just an FYI for those who are using any sort of wireless adapter to connect your DTV DVR to your wireless network (other than a DTV provided piece of equipment in some of the newer models), you may want to follow in my footsteps steps in an attempt to restore your VOD services.

QuinnEng

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts