My Install - Crimp on connectors, and no drip loops

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The Tate said:
only 500? how long have you been doing this? I did more than that last year.

That's right; Only "high end" custom installs. The dealers refer me to jobs that are beyond the capacity of their own in house technicians. They usually include all in wall who house rewiring of integrated dbs, home stereo, network, telephony and home theater systems. One job may take three days to two weeks to complete.

DBS is not my only business. I also am a master electrictrican and also build engineering prototypes in robotics for industry.

Last edited:
OK, Mike - I'll concede this one. :)

MOST installers do NOT "do the slant" - I didn't know you were who you are. ;)

P.S. I only have ONE patent - and it's in software. :(

Simon,

My patents are in electro mechanical robotics. I hold one patent of a fully digital torque wrench with 99%+ accuracy and another in a digital torqing system that allows for evenly tightening multiple fasteners in assembled units with equal torque in one operation.

joeh, by now you've probably already fixed the problem, but I'll still give my opinion.

It has already worked, as is, for over a year without problem. I admit it should have been installed better, but if I were you, I'd just leave it like it is and simply protect it from the rain. You could put silicone sealant over the connections. Or you could wrap something (maybe aluminum foil) around the pole right where the connections are and then just put some silicone sealant at the top edge where the wires pass through. Use either tape or plastic ties to secure the aluminum foil. I'd do the job on a dry day, to avoid trapping moisture. Spray paint it if it looks to crappy.

Mike500 said:
Simon,

My patents are in electro mechanical robotics. I hold one patent of a fully digital torque wrench with 99%+ accuracy and another in a digital torqing system that allows for evenly tightening multiple fasteners in assembled units with equal torque in one operation.
Mine is for a self-executing state-event table.

That is, instead of doing lookups, tests, and branches, you simply jump into the definition table itself. Saves both the memory and extra overhead (around 15%) of a control loop. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)