My latest Gadget toy.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
For several years now I have wanted a a really tiny HD camera with built in recorder for an hour of record time. The few I purchased were rather low quality and difficult to use, plus the file format was often incompatible with my editing software. I determined long ago that the best way to use a stealth tiny video camera was in a pair of glasses for point of view recording. Shirt pocket, tie clasp and collar cameras never got the shot.

For a few months now I have been watching this new company as well as several others, waiting for a more affordable price point. I really wanted a 3D camera system but that is not yet available, maybe in another year or two.

The company is Pivothead which is one of the few if not the only one that offers the 1080p recording format with one hour record time and wireless connectivity plus the capability to remote to an iphone or android for monitoring. The system is POV or what you see is what you video record. Pivothead offers a number of recording options like all high def formats both in 30p and 60p. It does not offer 1080 60p nor 1080 60i. It has several focus modes for macro, auto, fixed and an auto lock mode too. Finally, it permits grabbing a still frame shot while recording video.

In comparing several brands, the Pivothead seems to offer the most bang for the buck as well as the highest video quality and accessory options. Many other companies who make a similar product just don't have the video quality that Pivothead has.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/pivotheadvideos?annotation_id=annotation_265105&feature=iv&src_vid=Fl-vUOtEszs[/video]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)